What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_1843.JPG
IMG_1846.JPG

I took my Mother to have her hair done and then we went out to linner (late lunch/early dinner) at a new-to-us Mexican Restaurant.
Sangria, Chips & Salsa, Green Corn Tamale with Refried Beans & Rice. A side of a Al Pastor Street Taco.
All in all, it was, meh.
We both agreed we liked the little family joint by my house, three towns down from here... much better!

Never thought of that. Sounds good.

CD
It’s another diet-friendly recipe, but I must say, it wasn’t bad at all, and pretty filling.

Ooh, TastyReuben I have some Steak-ums in the freezer that really should get used, but not enough for two full sandwiches, this is a great option! Mahalo, thanks
Steak-ums…oh, I haven’t thought of those in decades. I used to buy those when I was single, flash fry, top with jarred pizza sauce, a little cheese, and have a pizza steak sandwich.

They were cheap, so I’d buy a lot of them and cook them up in the common kitchen, and the girls would get all breathless, and say, “Oh my, a man who cooks!” :love:

Then I’d make sandwiches for all the girls, and we’d eat, and then…well, you know…we’d make eyes at each other…smile shyly and slyly…and…and…then they’d leave with their boyfriends and stick me with washing the dirty dishes! :laugh:

TastyReuben I'm guessing there's a recipe? DH gave it and half way thumbs up, "we could try that" ... My reply was it's a Cheesesteak without the roll!
I can put one up, sometime tomorrow. I’ll tell you that a lot of the filling is mushroom, to bulk it up a bit, but cheesesteaks are pretty easy to make anyway, so you could just use your favorite one if you don’t like this one. I’ll get it posted tomorrow.

Evening meal.

Filled with butternut squash which was cooked in the microwave, mashed and allowed to stand in a sieve with a measuring jug on it for an hour (I got about 150ml of liquid out without trying, despite adding none). Then various filling combinations were made using spinach, mashed butternut squash, fried onions, fried mushrooms and ground cumin in different combinations. I used shop bought wrappers for this attempt.

They were severed with a dipping sauce of tamari and another of Kashmiri chilli & olive oil.

We cooked a chocolate fudge cake for our daughter's 16th birthday. Will post the video in an hour or so. (edited, posted now)
Tonight I will cook my famous ribeye and roast potatoes, but I've already uploaded that video, so I can simply cook tonight instead of doing videoing and cooking.

Thumb.png

Last edited:
Evening meal.

Filled with butternut squash which was cooked in the microwave, mashed and allowed to stand in a sieve with a measuring jug on it for an hour (I got about 150ml of liquid out without trying, despite adding none). Then various filling combinations were made using spinach, mashed butternut squash, fried onions, fried mushrooms and ground cumin in different combinations. I used shop bought wrappers for this attempt.

They were severed with a dipping sauce of tamari and another of Kashmiri chilli & olive oil.
Those look perfect!

We cooked a chocolate fudge cake for our daughter's 16th birthday. Will post the video in an hour or so.
Tonight I will cook my famous ribeye and roast potatoes, but I've already uploaded that video, so I can simply cook tonight instead of doing videoing and cooking.

View attachment 87481
Happy birthday to her! 🥳

I made my spin on "biscuits" and gravy style eggs in purgatory. It's actually ground pork tenderloin that I cooked and made into a creamy tarragon, thyme, garlic and lemon pepper gravy, then I removed some of the gravy to "poach" the eggs in and served on toasted and buttered English muffin. Hubby said it was outstanding!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom