What did you cook or eat today (July 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday night we had platters while watching Stranger Things.
A DIY banh mi platter, charcuterie, pork pies + pickles, mustard etc, plus chips, dips etc.

Sunday brunch.

Chilli oil noodles (packet, curiosity) leftover banh mi toppings, kimchi, edamame, eggs & homemade chilli oil.

9EB877BC-5D0B-49F0-98D8-24236B53DDB2.jpeg

Not quite a small portion indeed but those fries look amazing 😍
Our chooks very definitely enjoyed finishing them off when we got home.

Several of my rescue girls were accustomed to restaurant leftovers when I got term, so still fight beak and nails when certain "left overs" are fed to them. Typically I stick with British laws regarding feeding my chooks which makes it illegal to feed chickens any kitchen scraps at all... but they 💘 chips along with avocado, rice, pasta, cooked or uncooked pastry, tuna, raw mince and sweetcorn (on or off the cob), oh and eggs but they don't get those or raw mince unless they are very ill or injured. These treats happen once or twice a month, nothing more. Usually it's spare rice or pasta or some leftover pastry.

oh and eggs but they don't get those or raw mince unless they are very ill or injured. These treats happen once or twice a month, nothing more. Usually it's spare rice or pasta or some leftover pastry.
They eat eggs?

They eat eggs?
If they can, they will quite happily. They are the related to dinosaurs and frankly they'll eat each other of one of them dies.

But if an egg is broken, they'll very happily gobble it down. Sadly some do work out that they can break eggs and will deliberately break them to eat them. We had one. There's very little you can do to stop that behavior once they have worked it out. We ended up donating that girl to the reptile center. They euthanize by vet and they become food for the inhabitants at the center. We tried and persevered with her for months before giving up.

I will only feed them egg of they are very ill or injured. They love egg and it provides most of what they need in a small volume. It's a high nutrition food and even as chicks they know this. Pretty much anything white, yellow (not brown) or red they love (including strawberries! ) or if it moves faster than a slug, they'll eat it. (A couple of my girls will eat slugs but there is one particular type I recognize by it's colour that they won't eat). Most won't eat slugs though. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom