What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

We went to a German deli after eating at a German restaurant a couple of weeks ago. They had mini pork shank that had been smoked. I don't remember what she called them in German, but the cut is known as hog wings or pork wings. I heated those up in chicken stock with mirepox and then used that to make gravy for spaetzle. We also had red cabbage.

Sounds very Germanic. :hungry:

Thinking what to eat this morning I realised that I had a sourdough roll in the freezer which was very close to it's use by date. Even though I was short on grass I went for the burger.

3s.jpg

4 s.jpg

I just bought half a dozen pikelets on Friday. They are round. I can't say I've ever seen a square one.

My wife toasted two for my breakfast on Tuesday. Unfortunately she buttered the bottom, not the top!

Oh, well, there's usually another day.

Thinking what to eat this morning I realised that I had a sourdough roll in the freezer which was very close to it's use by date. Even though I was short on grass I went for the burger.

View attachment 29029

View attachment 29030

Wife doesn't like bread or buns in our house. I love burgers. I added to our list of shopping 1 bag of burger buns. Told her I wanted them for freezing when she's away and I want a burger. Voila. Can't wait to make one now looking at your pics.

Russ

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I was a bad girl and had 2 tequila mojitos again (usually only order 1 drink) because they are so, so good. Guacamole. Craig had shredded pork tacos and I had a dish called codzitos, 3 different kinds with different sauces. Rolled up tacos, deep fried. They make their own corn tortillas. We brought home Mexican chocolate cake and guava cheesecake.

We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant. I was a bad girl and had 2 tequila mojitos again (usually only order 1 drink) because they are so, so good. Guacamole. Craig had shredded pork tacos and I had a dish called codzitos, 3 different kinds with different sauces. Rolled up tacos, deep fried. They make their own corn tortillas. We brought home Mexican chocolate cake and guava cheesecake.

Sounds Devine. Would love to try that.

Russ

I've been to whitstable, didn't have oysters though. Was visiting goathland.

Russ
The set for heartbeat the tv programme, called in for a look around, got told not to go behind the bar. Person left the room, wife took a pic of me behind the bar! Lol. Nice part of the country around there.Russ

Whitstable is in Kent, by the sea. Goathland is in Yorkshire...

Some more holiday meals in the hotel in Whitstable - really rather good - note the NZ wine @rascal!

fullsizeoutput_4b38.jpeg

On the left, whole lemon sole and potted brown shrimps. On the right and below poached smoked haddock topped with rarebit, served with poached egg, asparagus, leek & crushed new potato cake and topped with crispy onions.

fullsizeoutput_4b24.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_4b28.jpeg

Raspberry Delice with Sorbet

20190624_223012.jpg

Back
Top Bottom