What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by morning glory, 31 May 2019.

1. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

Simply tell us what you cooked, ate or drank today. We love to know! Photos are appreciated but not at all necessary.

TodayInTheKitchen likes this.
  2. rascal

rascal Über Member

No pics, just tomato soup and soldiers. Terrible rain here last 24 hrs. Not going out anytime soon. Tomorrow's dinner soaking now.

Russ

3. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Site Owner Staff Member

Cauliflower cheese (vegan sauce, as always, featuring 1/2 cup of a paler soya bean miso for 8 servings).

20190601_180506.jpg

4. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb Recipe Challenge Judge

I picked this up last evening but ate it today.

Egg noodles with char siu, minced pork wontons, kale and the obligatory chilli flakes and chillis in fish sauce "condiments".

6 s.jpg

5. pocofan

pocofan Member

I’m going to get some 80-20 beef. Grill with hickory chips and finish with a beer/steak sauce mixture. I’ll toss frozen gator tots in oil rosemary salt and pepper. Bake them. And top with melted cheese and chives

6. morning glory

I don't know what gator tots are... :scratchhead:

7. pocofan

pocofan Member

Gator tots is a typing mistake. Tattor tots is what I meant. We do have places here that serve alligator though. I think they call them gator bites

8. morning glory

:giggle: I had visions of an alligator meat & potato concoction!

9. pocofan

pocofan Member

You never know. It could work

10. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

Time and space has dictated a Chinese-y theme in my house recently. Tonight was egg fried rice (using a mini microwave packet of rice and a fresh local egg); stir fried broccoli, pepper, cabbage and leek with five spice; and salt and chilli cauliflower. Lots of chilli oil too.

11. medtran49

medtran49 Über Member

Salad and purchased chicken and prosciutto tortellini served with a brown butter sage sauce with parm.

2019-06-01 17.34.49.jpg

12. epicuric

epicuric Veteran Staff Member

IMG_1320a.jpg
    Pan fried scallops on garlic crostini with pea puree and a white onion sauce with bacon lardons. An afternoon sitting in the garden drinking wine didn't help the presentation.

Last edited: 2 Jun 2019
  13. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb Recipe Challenge Judge

Been there.

Done that.

Many times.

beer drinking.jpg

14. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Site Owner Staff Member

Hubby cooked last night. He split the almond milk and then split the home-made coconut milk so it doesn't look that appetizing but with the exception of the parsnips, it was actually very nice. The parsnips were too woody in the center only he added them anyway. We spent the meal pulling woody bits out.

Autumn vegetable stew with vegan hotdog sausages

This was taken on the food setting on my new phone camera. I think out won't get used again. The DOF is just too shallow.
    20190603_071046.jpg

15. Herbie

Herbie Senior Member

Tonight we had sea bass basted in herb oil (rapeseed oil, garlic and lemon balm), asparagus and new potatoes. Served with a salsa verde much the same as the oil for basting but with lemon juice and a bit of mint.