What did you cook or eat today (June 2019)?

Chicken marinated with, grilled, then served with multi mustard sauce, home fries and honeydew and watermelon chunks.
2019-06-02 20.06.22.jpg

Chicken marinated with, grilled, then served with multi mustard sauce, home fries and honeydew and watermelon chunks.View attachment 28280
I don't think I've ever come across melon or watermelon on the same plate as the main course. I 've had it as a starter or a dessert or even a snack, but not with a main course. I learn everyday.

I don't think I've ever come across melon or watermelon on the same plate as the main course. I 've had it as a starter or a dessert or even a snack, but not with a main course. I learn everyday.

The mustard sauce plays off the sweetness of the fruit very nicely.

Melon is also going to be part of a meal later in the week.

I haven't either - but I can see that it would work with grilled dishes and the spicy mustard.

IMG_0490.JPG

Asparagus Soup Melange. A few weeks ago, I made a massive batch of asparagus soup after seeing asparagus for $1/pound at Kroger. Then, before that batch was nearly done, I saw asparagus for only 25 cents a pound at a different market, and I knew what I had to do: make more asparagus soup! I froze most of it, and now - to be honest - I'm getting tired of it, tasty though it is. What you see here is what happens when you take a perfectly innocent asparagus soup and add harissa, (homemade) pickled beets, (homemade) preserved lemon, chopped green onion, steamed grape leaf strips, leftover french fries, and focaccia bread crumbles. It does have some residual asparagus flavor, but that's mostly wrestled into submission by the other strong flavors. It's also very tasty.

Beef curry from my wife's work kitchen. They have a cook there. It was very bland, cat got most of it. Dinner club tonight so I find out later where we are going.

Russ

Beef curry from my wife's work kitchen. They have a cook there. It was very bland, cat got most of it. Dinner club tonight so I find out later where we are going.

Russ

What's 'Dinner Club' - maybe you explained it before but I can't remember...

Back
Top Bottom