What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rice in vegetable broth with a couple of Parmigiano rinds

Frico is one of those recipes that belong to the 'lesser known' category Italian recipes.
I had the opportunity to eat Frico in Trieste years ago.

The Late Night Gourmet do you know Frico? If I'm not mistaken, you're from Friuli or maybe you've been to Trieste or something like that?

Anyway, recipe coming up!
Yes...my father is from Abbazia (which translates into English as "Abbey").

We bought some Wagyu ground beef once for burgers. Just once, didn't notice much, if any, difference between them and the burgers we normally make, so not worth the price.

Pretty much the same thing with the Wagyu rib eyes we bought, other than we could tell the difference a bit, being a tad more tender and flavorful, but not that big of a difference to spend over twice what a regular rib eye costs.

We bought some Wagyu ground beef once for burgers. Just once, didn't notice much, if any, difference between them and the burgers we normally make, so not worth the price.

Pretty much the same thing with the Wagyu rib eyes we bought, other than we could tell the difference a bit, being a tad more tender and flavorful, but not that big of a difference to spend over twice what a regular rib eye costs.
My wife and I shared this 12-ounce monster wagyu ribeye at BLT Steak in Las Vegas a few years ago:

o.jpg

It cost $92 for just the steak. Normally, I trim the fat as I eat a steak, but not in this case: the fat melted in my mouth as I ate it, like the most amazing gravy I've ever had. To me, that was worth the price, particularly because it was a wedding anniversary. :)

My wife and I shared this 12-ounce monster wagyu ribeye at BLT Steak in Las Vegas a few years ago:

It cost $92 for just the steak. Normally, I trim the fat as I eat a steak, but not in this case: the fat melted in my mouth as I ate it, like the most amazing gravy I've ever had. To me, that was worth the price, particularly because it was a wedding anniversary. :)

They were for my birthday. I agree that even the fat was good, but to pay just to be able to eat pure fat... I don't know.

And how much did these set you back? Wagyu beef is quite expensive in normal circumstances, and beef prices have gone up considerably (at least on this side of the pond).
£10.99 for 6 burgers. I think this was good value, they were almost 1" thick so remained nice and juicy even after searing on the bbq and finishing in the oven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom