What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beef with Ginger Sauce. From The Great Wok and Stir-fry Cook Book.

We went fancy tonight. Arugula and pear salad with pear vinaigrette. Then, pan-seared potato gnocchi with buerre noissette (browned butter) finished with black truffle finishing salt, grated aged provolone and black truffle shavings. The gnocchi dish was from 1 of the dinners at the James Beard home.

068A0933-F421-42F5-AFF8-7D1ED72A188A.jpeg

Massive (half pound) mushroom Swiss burger served with fries...in an actual restaurant. The mushrooms were portobello. An amazing meal that only cost $9. Despite rising costs, and 3 months with only carry out income, the owner told me that he wants to keep the prices affordable. He’s spending $5.99/pound for ground beef, up from $1.99/pound only a few months ago.

View attachment 41738

Massive (half pound) mushroom Swiss burger served with fries...in an actual restaurant. The mushrooms were portobello. An amazing meal that only cost $9. Despite rising costs, and 3 months with only carry out income, the owner told me that he wants to keep the prices affordable. He’s spending $5.99/pound for ground beef, up from $1.99/pound only a few months ago.
Our beefs around $18 kg. Sometimes cheaper, burger looks yummy.

Russ

I bought a chicken for roast chicken tonight, daughter was supposed to cook but now she says they are out tonight. I skinned the chook and boiled it to put in the whizz and chopped up. I'm making chicken croquettes. They are setting in the fridge, I'll roll them and egg and bread them later. Don't know what we are having now for dinner!!
These will go in the freezer. I usually get around 30. Very popular here too btw.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom