What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"1 2 3 4 5....senses working overtime"

Always loved that one.... and "Generals and Majors" which in the original film clip a young Richard Branson briefly appears.
Love on a farmboys wages is my favourite from their performing time. However after Andy Partridge first suffered depression and severe stage fright (which stopped the bands commercial climb in its tracks) I think they did their best work. Wasp Star is my favourite album by a mile (Youtube is your friend). The Wheel and the Maypole, and Stupidly Happy make me smile - the influences of English folk and pub rock are shining bright.

Mayor of Simpleton is utterly brilliant too.

Morning Glory this might be a thread derailment. If you want to move these posts into 'general chat' under the title "XTC - the greatest band never to be worshipped except by the discerning few" then please do :okay:

Yesterday we had aspargus soup and bacon rolls for lunch, and fish and chips for dinner. Nothing very pretty, so no photos.

Tonight we're going out for dinner for the first time since the lockdown, to the Italian restaurant that used to be our favorite Indian. I will take pictures there,

Egg and tomato salad with torn burnt toast and mascarpone dressing:

Oh it was such bliss to go out for dinner again. The host was also very attentive and kind to as, as we are regulars. We really enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere he created despite the corona measures.

We had tomato bruschetta (on the house), insalata caprese with real buffalo mozzarella, gamba in red pesto sauce, steak in porcini sauce, and a lemon tart to finish. It was very good, and we will be back. Though we have to admit, he was slightly better as an Indian restaurant. But this is certainly still a fine Italian place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom