What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leftover ham and sides from the night earlier. Tonight I made rissoles up, with mash spuds and peas.
Rissoles are ground sausage meat with onion chopped up, parsley and squirt of Worcester and tomato,sauce. Made into burger type shapes coated in breadcrumbs and then fried.
The meals I was bought up on. Cheap but good food.

Russ

Chicken and Tasso Jambalaya. Used first of the new batch of Tasso. Don't need any cayenne in the spice mix!

36788-albums1121-picture8314.jpg

Isn't this what is known in the US as a Pizza Bianca?
Possibly. I got this recipe from a Food & Wine magazine cookbook, and it's listed there as "Pizza Rosa," and if I google "pizza rosa," some of the results are in the form of "Pizza Rosa (Pizza Bianca)."

I've always assumed "pizza bianca" to be a generic term for any white pizza.

Your posts either make me laugh or touch my heart. So glad you are back. Missed you bunches. :hug:
Grazie Bella,
I miss also, I am just a Napulitano mama an wife I say as I see an I say truth. I work simple thing Bella, love you're man, love you're Bambini, trust in God help those who need. And be best wife I can be. With out my family I nothing.
May I send Gods grace for you an yours, I pray he protect and hold hand over you.

Sarana x

Now that is SO cruel. Is that a real Big Mac? Our local one was supposed to open up for drive-through this week but hasn't yet.

Yes it is. Our MCdrive was allowed to be open during the entire lockdown. Other restaurants have opened since yesterday, with limited capacity.

Bella please forgive me, I no wish offend. I some time forget my self an my words.

Sarana x

I am not offended at all! Don't worry. I totally understand why people would not be able to understand someone with usually high culinary standards would want to eat there. But it's comfort for me. And convenience for a lot of other chefs I know.

A great cook as you go for this!!!! I find amazed.

Sarana x
I used to be on a forum that wasn't a cooking forum, but had a single cooking/eating-related subforum.

A lot of the people there could be rather snobbish (about a lot of things, not just food), and I would always stand up for the occasional post about someone enjoying canned ravioli or Hamburger Helper, etc.

These people could be brutal in their judgment, so just as a little thumb in the eye, I changed my signature line to, "Sometimes, Only A Big Mac Will Do." :)

Cheers to all my fellow forum members who like the odd bit of "garbage food," there's no shame in it. :okay:
Sometimes, late at night I feel the need for a snack. My favourite is two slices of factory produced white bread, buttered and spread with cream cheese (Philly), and filled with a packet of Walkers (Lays) cheese and onion crisps (fries). Call me a total philistine, but my defence is that Tony Bourdain would probably have approved.

Maybe we need a new thread about fast food, snobbery and cravings.

That is certainly true! I've heard it said many times by top chefs.

Yes Anthony Bourdain has written extensively on that. It's really part of chef culture. Many chefs don't get old, and this is one of the reasons why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom