What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looked like a fried chicken sammie? Never thought about BBQ on fried food before.

I am actually taking that crockpot bird (I finished deboning it) and make some BBQ pulled chicken sammies for dinner tonight!

Meatloaf, cauliflower/potato mash, carrots and green peas.

2020-06-02 19.04.24.jpg

Pounded them out. Put down a pretty good layer of goat cheese and what I thought would be too much basil but it wasn’t.
rolled them up. Dipped in eggs then breadcrumbs. Poured melted butter over them and baked them.

It's probably been HOURS since you've had Indian. The cravings must be killing you. :wink:

CD

Not for a week?. You obviously havnt had good Indian??? I believe there's something addictive about it. I could eat it every day. Bought some lamb cutlets on special the other day, these will be done tandoori. I'm making my own naans next time. :)

Russ

Not for a week?. You obviously havnt had good Indian??? I believe there's something addictive about it. I could eat it every day. Bought some lamb cutlets on special the other day, these will be done tandoori. I'm making my own naans next time. :)

Russ

I am hit or miss on Asian foods from all Asian countries. There is a pretty good size Indian community in Frisco -- there is an Indian Market a few blocks from home. I just don't like the flavors. It is a personal thing. Same with Japanese flavors.

Now, I love Korean BBQ, and there is a bibimbap place near me that is outstanding. I also like a lot of Chinese food, although not all.

You seem to eat a lot of Indian food, and I think curry is the official food of the UK. It seems odd to me. In the US, with the possible acception of a few cities, Indian food is like Chinese or Italian, something people have once-in-a-while.

No offense intended. Just having fun.

CD

I am hit or miss on Asian foods from all Asian countries. There is a pretty good size Indian community in Frisco -- there is an Indian Market a few blocks from home. I just don't like the flavors. It is a personal thing. Same with Japanese flavors.

Now, I love Korean BBQ, and there is a bibimbap place near me that is outstanding. I also like a lot of Chinese food, although not all.

You seem to eat a lot of Indian food, and I think curry is the official food of the UK. It seems odd to me. In the US, with the possible acception of a few cities, Indian food is like Chinese or Italian, something people have once-in-a-while.

No offense intended. Just having fun.

CD
The U.K. has a long history with India, and a sizeable Indian population, so the cuisine is quite deeply embedded. Our predilection for drinking tea, eating Coronation chicken or breakfast kedgeree all come from India. A curry takeaway is a national tradition. Despite living out in the sticks we can get one delivered, and often do. I can't remember the last time I had a takeaway Chinese or Italian, and I wouldn't even know where to find a Japanese or Korean!

Souprême Chicken and Mushrooms.

I tried velveting the chicken prior to sir frying today. I'm still not convinced that there is a significant difference.

It sure looks good. But, I can't tell anything about how it tastes from the picture. Chicken, to me, is a blank canvas. I tend to focus on what I sauce it with. Buffalo wings? Wings with butter and hot sauce. Coq au vin, chicken cooked for a long time in something with a lot of flavor.

Follow your mouth. Did it taste better one way than another? Trust your taste buds.

CD

It sure looks good. But, I can't tell anything about how it tastes from the picture. Chicken, to me, is a blank canvas. I tend to focus on what I sauce it with. Buffalo wings? Wings with butter and hot sauce. Coq au vin, chicken cooked for a long time in something with a lot of flavor.

Follow your mouth. Did it taste better one way than another? Trust your taste buds.

CD

AFAIK, the velveting is to do with texture, softer and more tender, apparently.

The chicken, mushrooms and sweetcorn are cooked with onions and garlic in condensed mushroom soup (hence the title).

The recipe was a variation on this one: Chicken Supreme Recipe - Food.com

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom