What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home made potato and pancetta pizza, with nice garlic/thyme white sauce base.

And another video, as have had three days off work mucking around in the kitchen with food and camera.

View: https://youtu.be/UFRjdTu_kU8

Chicken, to me, is a blank canvas.

So often it is - and its very sad. It says a lot about the way chickens are bred and raised. Chicken ought to taste of chicken which at its very best is mildly gamey and sweet (in my experience). The best chicken I ever had was in France and it turned out to be a fee range cockerel - not an 8 week old anaemic pullet which had never seen the light of day.

I use a meat thermometer and when the salmon reaches an internal temp of 120f I take it out to rest. After a few minutes the temp comes up to about 125f which is how I like it, moist and succulent! My Thermapen is the favourite weapon of choice in my kitchen.

Ah - now I understand. Maybe I need a thermapen?

So often it is - and its very sad. It says a lot about the way chickens are bred and raised. Chicken ought to taste of chicken which at its very best is mildly gamey and sweet (in my experience). The best chicken I ever had was in France and it turned out to be a fee range cockerel - not an 8 week old anaemic pullet which had never seen the light of day.

Hmm poulet de Bresse, best in the world. I still eat one whenever I can afford one 😍 I never eat non organic chicken.

Hmm poulet de Bresse, best in the world. I still eat one whenever I can afford one 😍 I never eat non organic chicken.

Is it really that good? I love good chicken and I do like Louie duck confit which I buy from Donald Russell. However, I've just had a quick look online and found Poulet de Bresse whole chicken at £37.50!!! That's a lot for a chicken!😲

I am hit or miss on Asian foods from all Asian countries. There is a pretty good size Indian community in Frisco -- there is an Indian Market a few blocks from home. I just don't like the flavors. It is a personal thing. Same with Japanese flavors.
I think of Indian food as, "Oh, haven't had that in a while, that's nice," but I never crave it, and when I do have it, it's usually at the suggestion of someone else, like going out to lunch and someone might offer up Indian as an option.

MrsTasty, OTOH, is like I am about seafood. She won't go near it. Won't go in a restaurant, says the smell makes her retch, doesn't even like driving by one. :)

Is it really that good? I love good chicken and I do like Louie duck confit which I buy from Donald Russell. However, I've just had a quick look online and found Poulet de Bresse whole chicken at £37.50!!! That's a lot for a chicken!😲

Yep - its really really expensive. But it is probably the best chicken you will ever taste.

Morning Glory, my family would eat that up in a minute. WOW! I love pappardelle but only have it at an Italian restaurant. Today, we are getting Boston Market. I don't want to cook or go to the store anymore.

Morning Glory, my family would eat that up in a minute. WOW! I love pappardelle but only have it at an Italian restaurant. Today, we are getting Boston Market. I don't want to cook or go to the store anymore.
We used to have Boston Market here, but I think they all closed about a decade ago. Locally, they always had a reputation of being very, very dirty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom