What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very strange looking car in the driveway, it runs on a propane tank? :D

I have those same Crocs and rolled up dark jeans (mine are capris) on.

That is a very strange looking car in the driveway, it runs on a propane tank? :D

I have those same Crocs and rolled up dark jeans (mine are capris) on.View attachment 42637
I was anticipating rain, and with a four hour grill time I had to have a contingency plan (roll the grill in the garage). :)

I sent that pic of my legs to two nieces. One texted back, "Why are your pants rolled up like a little b!tch, Uncle Tasty?"

I didn't have a good answer for her. :laugh:

This is weird.

Are these croc things comfy?
Oh my heavens yes, Crocs are very comfortable. They are very ugly as well. Mine are house shoes and I do not venture outside in them other than in the garage occasionally, but between standing on the mats and wearing Crocs when washing dishes or cooking, my feet do not hurt.

Weird indeed. Mr. TR and I must be sister and brother from another mother, or brother and sister from another mister, as we have quite a bit in common besides just living in Ohio.

Did you make up that word - salsa-guac? I like the colours and mix of flavours here.
Yeah, I am sure I am not the first one to use it. I have also called it "salsamole" and guacasalsa". What you can't see is the Adobo seasoning and lime juice. It's a great combination because the avocado helps to absorb some of the moisture from the tomatoes in the salsa to keep it from getting the chips soggy. I will follow up with photos of my nachos later. The whole thing is a meal, not an appetizer, as it represents all food groups and is so filling we won't need to eat anything else.

This is weird.

Are these croc things comfy?
I have plantar fasciitis in both feet, and I started wearing them around the house on the recommendation of my physical therapist.

Crocs are fairly stiff, and she'd pointed out that part of my problem was wearing shoes that bend too much (allowing the foot to bend) and that I should be wearing a shoe that holds my foot more rigidly.

Like JASOH1, there's no way I'd wear these past the driveway. They're ugly. However, many people do, they're extremely popular, especially as a gardening shoe. They're rubber (or some other petroleum-based material), so they last forever and can be hosed off to clean them.

The food connection - celebrity chef Mario Batali was famous for wearing bright orange crocs (until he became infamous for something else...).

I wear mine as house shoes because I don't wear shoes in the house that have touched the ground outside. Shoes come off at the door in my house and then it is acceptable to wear slippers, Crocs, socks, etc. We've had no visitors since the pandemic began, and Pre-COVID I never asked my guests to remove shoes, of course. Some of my closer friends just did it automatically, and some that were not close friends noticed the rows of shoes by the door and figured it out. Then there were others who had no clue but no big deal. I would always vacuum and mop the following day anyway.

Birks aren't houseshoes. They are quite fashionable and can be worn anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom