What did you cook or eat today (June 2020)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Included in the kitchen equip I bought from the guy who sold me our new place is a Gas BBQ that looks like yours. I have always used wood or charcoal never gas. In one of your pick there is an aluminium plate with wood chips ? for smoke. Later this week I will post a pic of the BBQ . Hopefully I will get some tips etc.

Another Filipino dish.... Kaldereta Kambing. Is a traditional dish of goat sauteed with garlic, onion, and tomato and then slow cooked with veges, liver paste, and a few other ingredients. Not the prettiest dish, but very tasty.

And just on the Crocs conversation. As a mental health professional can I just advise caution on the promotion of wearing rubber based footwear. Whilst wearing crocs is ok in itself, if that's where it ends: there needs to be warnings issued that this can be the start of the steep and slippery slope in to a more disturbing and widespread reliance on the wearing of fetish rubber based clothing.

View: https://youtu.be/TOMAJ1lTK3g

And just on the Crocs conversation. As a mental health professional can I just advise caution on the promotion of wearing rubber based footwear. Whilst wearing crocs is ok in itself, if that's where it ends: there needs to be warnings issued that this can be the start of the steep and slippery slope in to a more disturbing and widespread reliance on the wearing of fetish rubber based clothing.

I can never find my size

Last edited by a moderator:
Another Filipino dish.... Kaldereta Kambing. Is a traditional dish of goat sauteed with garlic, onion, and tomato and then slow cooked with veges, liver paste, and a few other ingredients. Not the prettiest dish, but very tasty.

View attachment 42666

View attachment 42667

View: https://youtu.be/TOMAJ1lTK3g

This looks very delicious indeed.

In one of your pick there is an aluminium plate with wood chips ? for smoke.
Yep. I soaked some hickory wood chips in some water for a while, then set them over the left burner. Turned both burners to high, and after the grill heated up, turned the right burner completely off, and turned the left burner down to low, just enough to keep the grill at 275F. The ribs went on the cold side for 4 hours, turning, flipping, and swapping position every 30 minutes. The wood chips generated a nice little bit of smoke.

Yep. I soaked some hickory wood chips in some water for a while, then set them over the left burner. Turned both burners to high, and after the grill heated up, turned the right burner completely off, and turned the left burner down to low, just enough to keep the grill at 275F. The ribs went on the cold side for 4 hours, turning, flipping, and swapping position every 30 minutes. The wood chips generated a nice little bit of smoke.

I used to soak wood chips, but discovered that it gives a nasty, acrid, white smoke instead of thin blue, which is really what you want. I don't use wood chips anymore, but when I did use them dry, I got much better results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom