What did you cook or eat today (June 2022)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlooPalak in phylo. I had raita, rice and dahl but any photo I’ve seen of dahl looks like something the cat left on the rug.

I've never come across aloo patak in phyllo but it sounds like a great idea. After all, spanakopita is spinach and phylllo. As for photos of dahl, well I really shouldn't mention this but...

Example: Chana Tarka Dal

I marinated them roasted chicken drumsticks in wine, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon & evoo.

Roasted beetroot & pumpkin tossed with smoked paprika adding crumbled feta for the last 5 minutes then served with rocket & a pesto dressing. Garnished with toasted pepitas.

The chicken is topped with panfried enoki that needed using up.

Last edited:
I marinated them roasted chicken drumsticks in wine, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon & evoo.

Roasted beetroot & pumpkin tossed with smoked paprika adding crumbled gets for the last 5 minutes then served with rocket & a pesto dressing. Garnished with toasted pepitas.

The chicken is topped with panfried enoki that needed using up. View attachment 86075

A fascinating and delicious looking plate. :okay:

I've never come across aloo patak in phyllo but it sounds like a great idea. After all, spanakopita is spinach and phylllo. As for photos of dahl, well I really shouldn't mention this but...

Example: Chana Tarka Dal

View attachment 86073
I started to make a different thing entirely then, remembered that I had some phylo in the freszer I should use up. It was nice and I was happy I made the raita as the potatoes needed a sauce of sorts to balance ..

Last night a friend and I went to a talk in the city at the UTS by Adam Liaw on Taste and how & why we developed salt, sour, bitter, sweet & umami. Very interesting.

Before the lecture we ate chicken schnitzel & chips at a pub across the road and afterwards we walked to Darling Harbour for gelato and a wander around part of the Vivid festival.
He does that topic as a podcast too. I love the dude.

DH decided that we should go out to eat linner (late lunch/early dinner), he didn't want me to cook 🥰
So off we went to one of our regular joints.

IMG_1728.JPG

We shared a Sicilian-style Pizza (we only ate half of this pie) and a Greek-style salad.
Our server would have made a better tip had he asked:
a) Miss, would you like another glass of wine (when I was maybe 3/4 of the way through my glass) ?
b) Could I get you a slice of Limoncello Cream Cake? You could always take it home for later this evening. :wink:
The answer to both would have been, yes please!
The restaurant would have made more money as well 🤷‍♀️ but I'm not the manager of that restaurant, only this one here, in my cucina 👩‍🍳

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom