What did you cook or eat today (June 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday -
Homemade - wontons for soup (red pork strips (homemade), baby bok choy, scallions, sesame seeds, hot chili oil, and mushrooms) and fried wontons (2 dipping sauces not pictured), and fried rice (onion, carrot, red pork cubes (homemade), soybean sprouts, soy sauce, scallions, and egg).

View attachment 101081

View attachment 101082

Yesterday -
Individual chicken pot pie (1 - 2 servings each). Top crust only.

View attachment 101083

View attachment 101084

View attachment 101085
Wow, looks fantastic!

For the challenge I made arancini stuffed with salmon, capers, and goat cheese.
20230610_231431.jpg
20230610_234251.jpg

Yeah, we usually use over $1,000 on the average winter but it is our only source of heating except for when I put the oven on or have a shower. But the price is high this year, of wood. It has been badly affected by the fires 4½ years ago. Properly seasoned hard wood (but not pine) needs a decent length of time to season properly. It's one reason a lot of places have padlocks on their woodsheds, but leave the houses and vehicles unlocked!
Yeah we used to have a fire here. It came out when we built upstairs.
Hers heats her water as well.

Russ

Tonight's dinner is chicken Stroganoff which is nothing more than your favorite beef stroganoff with chicken substituted. The other dish is Natasha's Loaded Potato soup which is my wife's favorite soup and worth sharing with the group. I have added a recipe to the recipe forum which you can find here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom