What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

Fusion of my mixed heritage, fries rendang. There's a Dutch traditional dish of fries with beef stew, and the Indonesians that came to NL adapted it by using their beef stew instead.

My new fryer clearly does the trick, beautiful golden crisp fries!

That is one of the neatest cottage pies I've ever seen!
Thank you. I have lots of time on my hands so I have been employing mindfullness in preparing it and really enjoying the process. Who knew that forking the top of the mash could be so satisfying if you just focus on it.

Thank you. I have lots of time on my hands so I have been employing mindfullness in preparing it and really enjoying the process. Who knew that forking the top of the mash could be so satisfying if you just focus on it.
Once, instead of forking, I used the back of a spoon and (hard to describe) pressed in a little, then pulled it back out while twisting it, and it made the top look like a meringue.

No pics, but I baked two potatoes, and I topped mine with cheddar cheese and leftover sloppy joe meat.

On my wife's, I sautéed some onion, mushrooms, garlic, simmered in a bit of wine, then spinach added until it wilted, and finally stirred in some sour cream, with Swiss cheese on her potato.

Back
Top Bottom