What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

Fusion of my mixed heritage, fries rendang. There's a Dutch traditional dish of fries with beef stew, and the Indonesians that came to NL adapted it by using their beef stew instead.
View attachment 39038

My new fryer clearly does the trick, beautiful golden crisp fries!

I'm going to copy this IF we can get some beef from the shops. I will do the fries as well, they look a perfect match. I'll start a thread when I do it. :)

Russ

Thank you. I have lots of time on my hands so I have been employing mindfullness in preparing it and really enjoying the process. Who knew that forking the top of the mash could be so satisfying if you just focus on it.

Exactly like my mum used to do, the fork tracks. I wonder why I don't do that?? I will next time.

Russ

It's been something of a soup week here. After an abundance of lentil soup, we tried our hands at some borsch.

Fusion of my mixed heritage, fries rendang. There's a Dutch traditional dish of fries with beef stew, and the Indonesians that came to NL adapted it by using their beef stew instead.
View attachment 39038

My new fryer clearly does the trick, beautiful golden crisp fries!
Sounds good to me! A lot of people in the UK used to have/probably still do have chips (fries) with their curry.

Probably not the healthiest of days food-wise, but I had toasted nobbies and butter. and 2/3 a jar of yoghurt for breakfast, 2 smallish jacket potatoes with baked beans and cheese for lunch, and penne with a simple tomato sauce and mince pies for dinner (I found half a jar of mincemeat in the back of the cupboard when I was re-arranging it).

The mutt, on the other hand, had Weetabix and milk with the rest of the yoghurt and an egg for breakfast, chicken for his lunch, and duck and vegetables with kibble for his dinner.

I'm beginning to think there is something wrong there somewhere.....

Back
Top Bottom