What did you cook or eat today (March 2020)?

I meant the Chinese style ones, with the steamed buns, pickled cukes, hoisin sauce. That's 1 of Craig's top meals.
No, I haven't had that, but it sounds good!

I let my inner six year old have a go at cupcake decorating. I baked cupcakes before but never decorated them. Guess it's a start :wink:
View attachment 39162

They are lemon cupcakes by the hairy bikers.
My favorite one is middle row, second from left. I'll have that, please!

No, I haven't had that, but it sounds good!

My favorite one is middle row, second from left. I'll have that, please!

You're too kind.

However, they tasted fab. But you can see that I never had any training in patisserie and baking. Starting to catch up now. This really was my first time handling a decorating nozzle, and even as a kid I never have done this.

Windingo you are in for a lot of fun. I’m not especially good at it despite taking some classes but I do enjoy it.

Last night we arrived home from hospital desperately for some good food. My daughter took a container of pasta sauce from the freezer & added bacon, chilli & olives for arrabiata served with spiral pasta.

There was also a calamari & chorizo stew with chickpeas from the freezer.

fresh bread, salad & pecorino on the table.

I’ve got a huge pork hock that I’m marinating in garlic, ginger, turmeric, cumin, chilli, tamarind & fish sauce. I’ll braise it’s in the oven for a couple of hours then uncover for a bit to see what happens.

I’ve got ordinary potatoes to roast plus I’m going to toss some sweet potato in garlic ginger & chilli and roast that too.

I’ve piles of Asian greens plus enoki that I think I’ll throw in a screaming hot pan with some sesame oil.

I’ll make some sort of pan sauce once the pork is done.

You may do when your kitchen temperature is in excess of 40°C.

This is true! If it was that temperature I wouldn't cook at all. In fact, I would probably expire...

The halogen cooker is quite good for hot climates, I'd imagine, as it isn't heating up a big oven.

The halogen cooker is quite good for hot climates, I'd imagine, as it isn't heating up a big oven.

It's definitely not as hot as when stir frying!

I have gained sufficient confidence in my halogen timer since the maintenance to allow me to leave it unattended.

I put a couple of stuffed jacket potatoes (made last week) in the halogen to re-heat but it's so bloody hot I really cannot face them yet. Still 40°C ambient at almost 5 pm.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom