What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked Conchiglioni (Big Shells) with a simple ricotta and tomato sauce sprinkled with smoked Scamorza cheese and dried oregano

Wooow, I feel like a very little Alice in Wonderland looking at your amazing dishes, ok, I can do this:), let me inhale and post: for breakfast I had 2 poached eggs and 4 slices of cheese and coffee with cream. My kid had an omelette on baked sliced onions, cornflour bread and milk. In between we had apples and almonds. For lunch my Saturday's squash and green peas soup, heavier on the curry powder and some cream (I felt something was missing without those) and for her I had additionally marinated (as I was inspired here) pork meat, simply fried.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely need some spice with squash I think.

I changed your photo to display correctly. When you attach in image you need to click on 'insert' and then 'Full image'.

View attachment 58649

View attachment 58648
OOOh thank you so much, sorryy, now I know! Yeah, the spice is needed, definitely, I am thinking about getting really bold and going for mild chilli anytime soon...altough more black pepper would also do...I guess...

Reactions: mjd
Lamb and potatoes. I used this recipe and it was easy and very, very good. Only thing I did differently was add some chicken stock towards the end and some extra veggies to make it a little more moist , oh and sriracha on the egg. Rosemary Garlic Ground Lamb and Potatoes | My Heart Beets Lamb can be quite strong in flavour but the spices balance the flavours perfectly in this dish, i was very impressed.

Last edited:
I having an easy day and made something simple for a meal today.

full.jpg

Tuna Salad Sandwiches with Raw Zucchini, Snow Peas and Tomato.

A typical tuna salad sandwich mixes tuna with mayo, mustard, onion and celery. At least that's what mom used to serve up. Instead of doing that, these tuna salad sandwiches mix tuna with mayo, habanero salsa, onion, Serrano pepper and tomato.

Yorky: I just saw an episode of a cooking show with Andrew Zimmern where he visited Bangkok. I’m fascinated by (and slightly scared by) boat noodles. I will make this recipe someday. I believe I should be able to get the pork blood at a very well stocked Asian market. Some of the other items are unusual, but they should all be there as well.

For something with such a humble name, there is a tremendous amount that goes into making it. For the time being, this is my Kilimanjaro.

I kept one of the small NZ fillet steaks back from the freezer. My wife obtained some green peppercorns and yoghurt this morning so I knocked up a green peppercorn sauce.

The steak was pan fried in a little olive oil 60 seconds each side then subjected to the blowlamp for about 30 seconds each side.

The chips were airfried (after parboiling for 3 minutes)......

And the result was extremely good (including the sauce - which I can still taste).

I'd pay $20 for that plate, I don't know how many times I've told my wife to buy green peppercorns.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom