What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what is Crimble? Maybe you meant Crumble?
Since the British and the Americans cannot agree on common terms for things, I like to build a bridge by combining the two words into one word we can both use.

We would call that dish a crisp, as in apple crisp, whereas our British friends would say apple crumble. Crisp + Crumble = Crimble!

I explain that in the "What Did You Bake Today?" topic as well, where I also confused myself with the British colloquial term for Christmas - Crimble/Krimble/Crimbo. :laugh:

I have also renamed French fries/chips to Frips, and potato chips/crisps to Chrips. :)

Since the British and the Americans cannot agree on common terms for things, I like to build a bridge by combining the two words into one word we can both use.

We would call that dish a crisp, as in apple crisp, whereas our British friends would say apple crumble. Crisp + Crumble = Crimble!

I explain that in the "What Did You Bake Today?" topic as well, where I also confused myself with the British colloquial term for Christmas - Crimble/Krimble/Crimbo. :laugh:

I have also renamed French fries/chips to Frips, and potato chips/crisps to Chrips. :)

Oh well, thank you for making the 'guess the English word' game even more exciting for someone who is neither British nor American :laugh:

Pizza Diavola ( spicy salami, red chillies, red bell pepper and onion) from the local Italian place. Delicious ❤
And a scoop of sesame ice cream.

Last edited:
The spoons are delightful, they look like small roux spoons.
My (ex) SIL was Korean (still is, last time I checked), and she got this little set of five dessert bowls at a little import shop for Korean ex-pats. I think about her and smile every time I use them. :)

My (ex) SIL was Korean (still is, last time I checked), and she got this little set of five dessert bowls at a little import shop for Korean ex-pats. I think about her and smile every time I use them. :)

I have a gift set of tea pot upstairs as a gift I got from visiting a supplier in Pusan many years ago. It's on display on a table. I see they call Pusan Busan now.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom