What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mum used to get weepy. I think the sherry had something to do with it. :)

Russ
LoLl!!! Surely! 🙃i tend to think about baking cookies...and sugary cinnamony smells...but there was/is half a bottle of gin,right behind the sugar...in my cupboard...don't know...😎🥃😄kidding...however, on the serious side, there is a song,or more songs that make me weep for sentimental issues, like I heard with someone I no longer have contact with or there is sadness and anger...so who knows what that music meant to her...

LoLl!!! Surely! 🙃i tend to think about baking cookies...and sugary cinnamony smells...but there was/is half a bottle of gin,right behind the sugar...in my cupboard...don't know...😎🥃😄kidding...however, on the serious side, there is a song,or more songs that make me weep for sentimental issues, like I heard with someone I no longer have contact with or there is sadness and anger...so who knows what that music meant to her...

Mum was an only child who was very close to her mum, when my nana died part of mum died. Nana died at 66 and mum said she would too. She did. ( both heavy smokers)

Sorry off topic, mg will be here shortly,lol.

Russ

Mum was an only child who was very close to her mum, when my nana died part of mum died. Nana died at 66 and mum said she would too. She did. ( both heavy smokers)

Sorry off topic, mg will be here shortly,lol.

Russ
Oh how sweet to call your Grandma Nana, I love it. Sad. That is sad. For sure a heavy loss in her soul. That is not the age to die, definitely...smoking is awful indeed...however sometimes the bestest of people smoke...I can' t really explain it...

I am not sure I know what mg means, my granddaughter? Magnesium? Sorry for not knowing...but here is me this summer at the Historic moment of the first official gin and tonic🙈😁...pomegranate juice added by the bartender and some flower buds...that was impressive!

You might if you lived here - we have two local places that sell pizza. You ever get pizza from a gas station? That's more or less what it is.

They just take pre-made pizza bases that they buy in bulk from a food supply warehouse, ladle on canned sauce straight from the giant can, and prepackaged shredded fake cheese. I know, because I've watched them make them.

Sadly, the chain places are the only places in town that make anything resembling a handmade pizza. Of those, we have Pizza Hut, Domino's, Donato's, and Papa John's, and my favorite of those is Donato's, but they're continually being written up in the local paper for chronic health department violations (why they haven't been shut down for good, I don't know).

Second is Pizza Hut, because they're the only ones to offer a cracker crust (a Midwest specialty) and I like their weirdly-generic "pork topping."

So, the rare times we order pizza, it comes from The Hut. If I wanted a proper dough-made-in-store-pizza-baked-in-pizza oven...that's about 40 minutes each way, so that gets saved for eating in.

We got a Marco's Pizza about a year ago, and it is right in the neighborhood. I'd never heard of it, but saw a review on YouTube by Mashed. The founder and CEO is an Italian Immigrant, and the pizza got a good review. I'll have to try them next time I order a pizza -- which is pretty rarely.

CD

We got a Marco's Pizza about a year ago, and it is right in the neighborhood. I'd never heard of it, but saw a review on YouTube by Mashed. The founder and CEO is an Italian Immigrant, and the pizza got a good review. I'll have to try them next time I order a pizza -- which is pretty rarely.

CD
We have Marco's here, and they're ok, but it's also about 40mins from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom