What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mum was a fan of dean frank and elvis too. I grew up with it.

Russ
My mom, who was born in 1927, skipped school as a teenager (quite scandalous in the 1930s) to go see Frank Sinatra in concert. She said she got into a load of trouble for doing it but that it was worth it.

She didn't tell me about that until I was well into my 20s, LOL. Didn't want to encourage any saucy behaviour.

Edited to add that it was probably sometime between 1941-1943. My maths skills are awful, apparently.

Last edited:
caseydog

I made my husband TWO Egg McMuffins for breakfast. He loved them. Made me think of you while I was preparing them! I should have snapped a photo. I think the the future I am going to use sausage instead of the ham/Canadian bacon. But first I have to finish off the ham in the frig. I have a lot of sausage made from scratch by my husband and one of his cousins. I made a great sausage gravy last week that was super.

I like those sausage and American style biscuits, too. I think it was BK that made those? Oh, I used to love them. Don't know if they still do make them, haven't eaten one in over 20 years. Oh, fast food, my frien-emy. You know, I had to convince myself I didn't like some fast food to quit eating it, about 25 years ago. And quite honestly I don't miss getting it from a restaurant if I can make a comparable version at home. I know who touched it and what ingredients went in it. Invaluable.

Craig made green chili stew with hominy. View attachment 58978

Nice. When I lived in Maryland, my mom would make things with hominy. I don’t think I’ve even heard the word “hominy” since moving to Michigan.

Now, if I really want to confuse people, I start talking about how I used to love the scrapple at a restaurant near my house. They think I’m eating the drywall.

Nice. When I lived in Maryland, my mom would make things with hominy. I don’t think I’ve even heard the word “hominy” since moving to Michigan.

Now, if I really want to confuse people, I start talking about how I used to love the scrapple at a restaurant near my house. They think I’m eating the drywall.

We call dry wall gib board down here. Winstones make it here in Chch. I gibbed all of my upstairs addition ceiling and walls. Taught myself and had great comments from tradesmen.

Russ

KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) for lunch....had got behind on my video schedule due to spending a lot of time yesterday and the night before, preparing, cooking, and videoing what turned in to a major fail. Don't ask. One day there will be a long bloopers roll and yesterday will feature heavily. But today's was very easy and delicious if I do say so myself.

View: https://youtu.be/R97NgszwGts

KFC (Korean Fried Chicken) for lunch....had got behind on my video schedule due to spending a lot of time yesterday and the night before, preparing, cooking, and videoing what turned in to a major fail. Don't ask. One day there will be a long bloopers roll and yesterday will feature heavily. But today's was very easy and delicious if I do say so myself.

View attachment 58984

View: https://youtu.be/R97NgszwGts

I've had my fair share of good cooks gone bad. But, they are not on video, so I can pretend they never happened.

What were we talking about? :whistling:

CD

I hear drugs and narcotics are a huge problem in Split and nearby islands, that is so sad...
Compared to the UK it's tiny. With the average income and the crime rate being low there is little incentive for dealers. Growing Marijuana on the Islands is common. The pasteta tourists bring in their own.

I am not sure I know what mg means, my granddaughter? Magnesium? Sorry for not knowing...but here is me this summer at the Historic moment of the first official gin and tonic🙈😁...pomegranate juice added by the bartender and some flower buds...that was impressive! View attachment 58968

You look so nice! :thumbsup:🌸

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom