What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying it's not good, only that it makes we laugh because Pasta Alfredo doesn't exist here, and we add cream rarely (although there is a dish I love with it in, tortellini panna e prosciutto).
No worries! We will not love it any less, it is really tasty and nutritious,done under 15 min,and my kid loves it! I love it too. It might be that Nonna's favourite grandchild's name ...or...brother....or husband...we do not care about the name...could be Luciano ...Placido...Bruce...😎😁its good simple food!

Leftover part of a gyro + leftover part of a spinach pie + egg...

...equals heaven. Rolled up in a tortilla and served with leftover tzatziki sauce.

I can do without chewy microwave bread and rubbery eggs.

CD
My aunt in Port Arthur loves those things. She heats hers in the oven. When I visited her In the past, she would make me a strong pot of coffee and a couple of Jimmy Dean sandwiches for breakfast. I liked them.

I'm not saying it's not good, only that it makes we laugh because Pasta Alfredo doesn't exist here, and we add cream rarely (although there is a dish I love with it in, tortellini panna e prosciutto).

I am going to start a new thread about this. Like a lot of foods that originated overseas, something was lost in translation. The evolution is quite interesting.

No worries! We will not love it any less, it is really tasty and nutritious,done under 15 min,and my kid loves it! I love it too. It might be that Nonna's favourite grandchild's name ...or...brother....or husband...we do not care about the name...could be Luciano ...Placido...Bruce...😎😁its good simple food!

Of course, everyone eats what they want regardless of the name and ingredients :okay:. But sometimes, believe me, it's really hard to try to say what I've said without someone feeling offended as if I were to say that if it's not traditional Italian then it's not good. To say that it is not used here (in Italy) is understood by many as 'then it's not good'... mamma mia what a stress.

Last edited:
Of course, everyone eats what they want regardless of the name and ingredients :okay:. But sometimes, believe me, it's really hard to try to say what I've said without someone feeling offended as if I were to say that if it's not traditional Italian then it's not good. To say that it is not used here (in Italy) is understood by many as 'then it's a is not good'... mamma mia what a stress.
No, I'm sure not in this group. No worries. I like the heavy cream version but realize that's not how it was originally prepared. Our pizza is different, too, and most people in the US make a thicker tomato based pasta sauce than how it's usually done in Italy (from what I've seen on food channel shows and read).

Last edited:
No, I'm sure not in this group. No worries. I like the heavy cream version but realize that's not how it was originally prepared. Our pizza is different, too, and most people in the US make a thicker tomato based pasra sauce than how it's usually done in Italy (from what I've seen on food channel shows and read).

Yep, everyone obviously has their own habits, traditions, tastes, ingredients and so on. No country is the same even if you cook the same things. We make tomato sauce in one way and you make it in another.
The fact that there are some dishes I don't like from other countries is just as normal as not liking all the dishes from ours.

Yep, everyone obviously has their own habits, traditions, tastes, ingredients and so on. No country is the same even if you cook the same things. We make tomato sauce in one way and you make it in another.
The fact that there are some dishes I don't like from other countries is just as normal as not liking all the dishes from ours.
My husband is of Italian descent and his grandmothers made authentic Italian food, I think I would love most of the dishes prepared in Italy. I think if we visit it will have to be for a month so we can eat our way from city to city :D

My husband is of Italian descent and his grandmothers made authentic Italian food, I think I would love most of the dishes prepared in Italy. I think if we visit it will have to be for a month so we can eat our way from city to city :D

Aww nice.
But for a month here you would eat things only from one city, :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom