What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw a clip on cnbc about that a few weeks ago. The online menu is priced differently. These were Fast Money stock market traders on the panel who have tons of money and found it objectionable.

Apparently it is run thru grubhub and even though they have nothing to do with your order if you pick it up, you are still paying delivery prices. Bad, bad marketing decision on part of KFC. They should have sucked it up and paid for their own platform. We'll probably never go back there again after that experience. An almost $5 difference between actual drive thru/store menu prices and online ordering when you are picking up is outrageous.

I'll be posting yelp, Google, trip advisor reviews about that later today to warn people.

Onion gravy? Wow. How do you make it?
If we have no stock just fry a lot of onions slowly and add
1616219158608.png
it really does make an excellent gravy. Just going to the butchers to get a piece of suckling pig for Sunday. Tonight is kleftiko using a shoulder of new season lamb. After tasting Welsh lamb in the UK my wife loved it. She thinks nothing compares for simple roasting so we use Croatian lamb in curries. So tonight is a first.NB it's turned bloody cold.

Oi Vey thats would be a double whammy from the rebbi. Pig and dairy together gott in himmel :okay: View attachment 59481

Not being Jewish, I can say that during a certain span of my life, I have had a sort of Rabbi. However, he could only shake his head in dismay at some of my habits. Yet, he was a good friend and did for me what a friend ought, helping me out of a scrap once upon a time. And I did one day, have an opportunity to return the favor. My Rabbi went deceased some time ago and so, my wily ways lack his value as a critic, though I was never a great follower of some of his advice.

Last edited:
Tonight is kleftiko using a shoulder of new season lamb. After tasting Welsh lamb in the UK my wife loved it. She thinks nothing compares for simple roasting so we use Croatian lamb in curries. So tonight is a first.NB it's turned bloody cold. I have just finished the prep, it was a very small lamb. The shoulder weighed under 1.5 kg even though it included the ribs..
1616236553881.png
1616236592904.png

Apparently it is run thru grubhub and even though they have nothing to do with your order if you pick it up, you are still paying delivery prices. Bad, bad marketing decision on part of KFC. They should have sucked it up and paid for their own platform. We'll probably never go back there again after that experience. An almost $5 difference between actual drive thru/store menu prices and online ordering when you are picking up is outrageous.

I'll be posting yelp, Google, trip advisor reviews about that later today to warn people.
It's not just them. The CNBC Fast Money crew were in particular referring to NYC restaurants, but it's happening in many other cities and it's not just KFC.

It is strange indeed. The customer should have a choice. Like with other online purchases, free delivery if you pick up in store.
Kfc was in my mind a strong fast food chain, but this is not a strong decision. Long term.

If we have no stock just fry a lot of onions slowly and add View attachment 59484 it really does make an excellent gravy. Just going to the butchers to get a piece of suckling pig for Sunday. Tonight is kleftiko using a shoulder of new season lamb. After tasting Welsh lamb in the UK my wife loved it. She thinks nothing compares for simple roasting so we use Croatian lamb in curries. So tonight is a first.NB it's turned bloody cold.
Oh thank you. A lot I shall do then. And the powder, ok, will give it a go. I did a little research as I 'd love that dark brown colour and the silky smooth finish.

The recipe challenge is in plan later in the afternoon with some giant green pods...

Assisted my Dad in closing off an unused bank account, for which fees kept being charged...

a brief walk in windy cold downtown to get a new keychain...

plus still feeling drained from the week...but a part of Sat and a whole Sunday ahead will do wonders👍😎

Dark linguine in butter, cream, grated cheese for a quick lunch. A breeze of chilli. Apple as dessert. Kid had some store bought chocs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom