What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! Without seeing it mate, if you can free the piston and the bottom end is okay it's a re bore. Is it a class 1 group kart ?

I don't know much about racing go carts, I havnt even Seen it up close, all I know it's two stroke and I've had motorbikes two stroke so I know all about them. He bought second hand $5,000
Now his kids want one as well. He's pretty good I've watched him race once, he's a petrol head like me. Sold his 65 impala for a house deposit.

Russ

I don't know much about racing go carts, I havnt even Seen it up close, all I know it's two stroke and I've had motorbikes two stroke so I know all about them. He bought second hand $5,000
Now his kids want one as well. He's pretty good I've watched him race once, he's a petrol head like me. Sold his 65 impala for a house deposit.

Russ

In the US, that sounds like the Rotax class, which use Rotax two-cycle engines (with a vegetable based lubricant oil). I spent a day driving them -- there is a world-class track about 50 miles from me. They are hard to drive fast. They also beat the $%*& out of your body.

CD

Worked on a chicken and leek risotto. It took me over 60 minutes, but it was very tasty! Thank you TheChefGoingHomeToday and Burt Blank for the inspiration and tips.
Kept the (cheat veg) stock warm...
I tried to flip a bowl for the nice form but flopped😄the carrot deco is not as pretty as I wished but I love the colour. Kid loved it. Me too. I gave her the meat part...

I had put my beautiful cutting board to pose and to hide the chocs and vitamins etc😂

A leek, Edamer cheese, cream, egg, butter topped buckwheat flour base pie was really good too! It is gone. 😁

I really like how light it feels after eating it. And the taste is very nice. Might have fried the leek prior, but fresh as this was actually good too. Cottage cheese a tablespoon only was left to be used, might add more next time. Kid loved the base in particular too.

What makes me content is that with all of you at the forum here, my joy of cooking is back.💞✨
Both look delicious..! Risotto turned out well.

Last night for dinner, it was NY Strip steak, sous vide and seared, medium rare. Modest portion -- 8oz. Oven roasted red taters on the side.

SteakTaters-3-21.jpg

Another nice thing about sous vide is that you can cook a smaller, thinner cut of steak, and not overcook it.

CD

Wow! It was so delicious. I'm going to cook from their diet books for a while as I can stand to lose some pounds and this makes it easy.

The books I used are the Hairy Dieters series.
They do look delicious... I don't have any of their books, might get one from this series for when we are looking for some healthier recipe ideas.

That steak... 😍. Not tried sous vide yet.

You need too. You can experiment with sous vide without buying anything. An emersion circulator just makes is a lot easier. Perfect steaks every time. Also, excellent for cooking very lean cuts of pork or chicken, and having it really juicy and tender when done. Good for perfectly cooked fish, too. It is virtually impossible to overcook things.

CD

Both look delicious..! Risotto turned out well.
Oooh thank you so much! That was the longest (65 min cook time) and most thoroughly and carefully stirred risotto of mine ever.
At a point around the 55-60 min I thought, this might be the wrong rice, or I might have lowered the heat too much, it will not work, and then I just kept being patient and positive, then it came together to the desired thickness.
Will try various risotti, this time just used what I had already.
Pie too,was more relaxed about it though.😁
Soo happy and proud!🥳

Last edited:
Breakfast was a quick buckwheat+rye flour, buttermilk,egg,baking powder, cheese, butter on top pie and coffee.

Returned kid's book to the Library, off to work. Lunch several cheese pies from a bakery. Tonight students rehearse for their concert on Friday. No parents allowed for Covid reasons. But will try to record and send out.💞✨

This is our beautifully renovated hall at the school. Acoustics is still to be worked on...🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom