What did you cook or eat today (March 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
poach it in milk with fresh Hake/Mol , make a parsley sauce with the poaching milk. Add the cooked fish, cover with mashed potato and bake and brown.
Good morning. Thank you, so kind of you . Oh that sounds magical. Will most definitely try that way...yes, the frozen fish is rather good.
For me, it is the only fish I can handle. If it is fresh, head on, needs to be cut open or cleaned or just cover in flour or alike, cannot do it.
Around Christmas I love the winter cod 'na bijelo', the stewy white potato garlic broth...usually buy it.

Jaegermeister shots were an après-ski tradition for me and my ski buddies. If we split up, we would agree "nearest beer at 5PM," or whatever time we were ready to stop skiing, and start drinking. We would always start with a shot of Jaegermeister.

CD

Now I’m curious: where did you ski in Texas? I have never skied although I‘m living in a “high-skiing level” region

Now I’m curious: where did you ski in Texas? I have never skied although I‘m living in a “high-skiing level” region

The only skiing in Texas is water skiing, which is also fun. My ski buddies and I went to Colorado, most of the time. We would rent a condo in Breckenridge Colorado, and from there, we were close to a half dozen ski resorts. I went skiing once with a couple of co-workers (airfare courtesy of our employer) at Lake Tahoe -- Squaw Valley and Northstar. Squaw Valley was the site of the 1960 Winter Olympics. Had a major yard sale there, and broke my left thumb.

CD

Good morning. Thank you, so kind of you . Oh that sounds magical. Will most definitely try that way...yes, the frozen fish is rather good.
For me, it is the only fish I can handle. If it is fresh, head on, needs to be cut open or cleaned or just cover in flour or alike, cannot do it.
Around Christmas I love the winter cod 'na bijelo', the stewy white potato garlic broth...usually buy it.
That interest me from the point that all of my wife's relative are from coastal Croatians from Dalmatia and Istria. They tend only to eat whole fish or cross cut steaks of large fish. Even in "posh" restaurant on Hvar they eat fish and shellfish with their hands. I now do the same. My wife like gnawing at meat bones, she is in heaven with ribs etc. Pre covid when we had big lunches with friends and family I would roast half a suckling pig on an outside rotisserie. It would take a couple of hours for us to pick it over till it was just a pile of bones.
1617265531674.png
1617265566287.png

They tend only to eat whole fish or cross cut steaks of large fish. Even in "posh" restaurant on Hvar they eat fish and shellfish with their hands
That is wonderful. Maybe I err but I heard fish, poultry and pizza are ok to be eaten by hand? Plus seafood. Of course one can use a fork or a spoon to help out...

I have honestly regretted not knowing much more about fish, fish catching, fish cooking...being from Croatia with the whole amazing coast and islands...but it is how it is...maybe it will come later in life?

Seeing families and their boats and just the tradition of living a seaside life, knowing the winds, the sea...is amazing, I love whitnessing it the 5-8 days I spend at the coast...

In Zagreb, we rarely had fish, Mom would do deep fried sardines, occasionally, they were good, but not a favourite. It was also considered a rather expensive food for our budget then. Our cuisine was a mix of simple Croatian continental, some intl and some Bulgarian dishes...

My boyfriend used to hobby fish, so there is a chance that a) he will do the cutting beheading etc 😂 and b) he can teach me about fish...

But also on my own I am more than willing to learn. I tried several years ago to learn the basic subsorting of white and blue fish, I forgot however all of it...🙈😂

Is that salt cod? I have some in the fridge and I'm wondering what to do with it
If I may add, salt cod is in the delicious stew I mentioned earlier, will translate a traditional recipe later...two days ago I saw the product Mr Blank referred to in the freezer section, it looked frozen fresh, not salted and dried and then frozen , to me...but he will answer best...

Is that salt cod? I have some in the fridge and I'm wondering what to do with it. It has a very long shelf life...
No mate it's frozen cod from Alaska. The shops here always have dried salt cod here. Neither of us can stand it. The best is Bakalar s Krumpirom where the krumpiron/potato absorb the salt in they stew. Timenspace can posts her recipe. Which if you like salt cod it will be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom