What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Here too in Ohio. I'm from Florida originally, can't make sense out of these Midwesterners! Lots of them that do fish Friday aren't even Catholic!
My wife and I were both raised Catholic. Left for a Nondenominational church years ago. Wife still gives up stuff for lent and won’t eat meat on Friday during lent. Not me.

Crawfish boil soup. When we do a crawfish boil we use potatoes, onions, garlic, corn on the cob, andouille, lemons, and, of course crawfish in a spicy cooking broth. We always have some of everything left. So, I make soup using the potatoes, onion, and garlic, puree them with some chicken broth, stir in sliced andouille and the corn cut off the cob, and freeze it for later use. We freeze some crawfish separately to stir into the soup after it's reheated.

20230304_182939.jpg

Was hanging out for hot cross buns after wife said she bought some.
I love hot cross buns a lot. She made me 1 toasted and buttered with raspberry jam .
Not right?? What ya done?
Oh I bought choc ones.
I don't like choc ones.
She thinks its funny.
We are getting the right ones on Saturday. Grrr

Russ

Nope, hadn't heard of that?
Just baby back ribs every day lol
Other sites I'm on dont rate them at all. Lol

Russ
They are fairly thin sliced onions deep fried. They used to serve them in a rectangular loaf, but now they are apparently in a circular ring with a space in the middle for a cup of dipping sauce.

There was a Tony Roma's very close to where we lived when Craig and I first got together so we'd go to dinner there once a month or so and would always get an onion ring loaf.

They are fairly thin sliced onions deep fried. They used to serve them in a rectangular loaf, but now they are apparently in a circular ring with a space in the middle for a cup of dipping sauce.

There was a Tony Roma's very close to where we lived when Craig and I first got together so we'd go to dinner there once a month or so and would always get an onion ring loaf.
Next time I'm in Murica I'll try that. Sounds good, I love onions. Just bought 20kgs.

Russ

Nope, hadn't heard of that?
Just baby back ribs every day lol
Other sites I'm on dont rate them at all. Lol

Russ

I haven't had Tony Roma's ribs in at least 30 years. I thought they were good, until I went to a real BBQ joint, with an experienced pit master and proper wood burning smokers, and never went back to Tony Roma's again.

CD

I just ate a bunch of home cooked Buffalo wings. At H-E-B the other day, they had whole wings, wing parts (drums and flappers), and just flappers packaged. Flapers are the tastiest part, IMO -- really moist and tender. I went with all flappers. Good choice.

CD

I just went to Tony Roma's website, and they no longer have locations in Texas.

CD

Back
Top Bottom