What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Sushi.
20230305_162339.jpg
20230305_163639.jpg
20230305_171536.jpg

So we had the oriental stuff yesterday, but today:
Imam Bayeldi 2.jpg
Lebanese food.jpg

I just love "Middle Eastern" food (and I cringe every time I have to say that, because each country has its own particular cuisine)! The top picture is "Imam Bayeldi" - stuffed aubergines with tomato, onion, garlic and peppers. Found some wonderful little aubergines in the supermarket, and duly cut them in half, fried them, stuffed them and baked them.
Fried pita bread. Love the stuff - a notch up from crisps! I was thinking " Fattoush" - Lebanese salad with cucumber, radish, tomato, onion, and fried pita bread. No cucumbers and no tomatoes, so I just bought some radishes and pickled them in lemon juice. Olives (bought in the same supermarket) were marinated with rosemary, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Hummus bin tahini was made with a tin of chickpeas (usually cook my own), garlic, lemon juice and tahini. The falafel are not in the picture, nor is the pita bread (which was absolutely wonderful) I could probably have made some tabbouleh - but it would have been overkill as there´s enough food here for a few days!

In preparation for dinner this evening, I made a GINORMOUS Wok full (and I'm over-exaggerating when I say this) of what we in Hawaii call Fried Saimin or just Fried Noodles
I needed to taste test
IMG_2666.JPG

Oishii!
I loaded up the veggies in it: a small head of shredded Green Cabbage, an entire package of fresh Mung Bean Sprouts, 8 stalks of Green Onions, a Carrot bigger than I'd ever seen before and only 1 cup of julienned homemade Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork.
Now mind you, there's only a little more than a pound of Noodles to all that goodness.
I'm calling that lunch 😋
DH: I'm so glad that I married someone who can cook and cook good food to boot!
🥰

In preparation for dinner this evening, I made a GINORMOUS Wok full (and I'm over-exaggerating when I say this) of what we in Hawaii call Fried Saimin or just Fried Noodles
I needed to taste test
View attachment 96904

Oishii!
I loaded up the veggies in it: a small head of shredded Green Cabbage, an entire package of fresh Mung Bean Sprouts, 8 stalks of Green Onions, a Carrot bigger than I'd ever seen before and only 1 cup of julienned homemade Char Siu or Chinese BBQ Pork.
Now mind you, there's only a little more than a pound of Noodles to all that goodness.
I'm calling that lunch 😋
DH: I'm so glad that I married someone who can cook and cook good food to boot!
🥰
I'm a starter .

Russ

Cuo of coffee, wife treated me some fresh ground coffee. Italian roast.
She seems to be spoiling me. I wonder if I'm about to "disappear "?
Nice big cup with 5 choc wheaten biscuits.

Russ
Maybe she's trying to make up for the chocolate hot cross buns!

I had so much of everything, I made up some Bento Boxes for Mr&Mrs. Next Door Neighbor
IMG_0150.JPG

My Quick Cucumber Kim Chee (or kimchi), Fried Saimin and grilled Teriyaki B/S Chicken Thighs (when I slice up the protein, folks think that they're getting more than they really are) OISHII!!!

My store finally got tots in stock – I got Bowl & Basket, onion-flavored tots/puffs. Dinner was shallow fried fish sticks, shallow fried tots, and roasted cauliflower (not pictured).

fish_sticks_030523_img_0756-jpg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom