What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Cinnamon Danish and tea.

Steak and Kidney Pies With a Blue Cheese Crust.

Was going to put this in as an entry for the recipe challenge, but I don't think 50g of blue cheese in the pastry qualifies as a "cheese" dish. Was very happy with the result though.

Will put the video link in too. But be advised....this one goes for well over 20 minutes:

View: https://youtu.be/Io5QJkFNn9M

Was going to put this in as an entry for the recipe challenge, but I don't think 50g of blue cheese in the pastry qualifies as a "cheese" dish. Was very happy with the result though.

What a fantastic idea to put blue cheese in pastry and I can absolutely imagine that it would work really well with steak and kidney. I would say this does qualify for the Recipe Challenge. Please do enter it. :okay:

What a fantastic idea to put blue cheese in pastry and I can absolutely imagine that it would work really well with steak and kidney. I would say this does qualify for the Recipe Challenge. Please do enter it. :okay:
It's not unusual to put cheddar in pie crust for apple pie. It works really well.

I don't like blue cheese in the least, but I'd try that pie!

One of our local "Western Suppliers" has a steak and stilton pie on his menu which is quite tasty. However, we do not have trade description laws here.

It's Danish Blue.

Baked Huevos Rancheros:

I didn't really have the right dish for doing these as a half recipe. It called for a dish that could comfortably hold two eggs with a bit of separation. I have plenty of ramekins that'll do one egg, and plenty that'll do four eggs, but none for two, so I had to resort to a stoneware bowl that was probably a little too deep for to be perfect. One does what one can, I suppose. :)

I also must have had mine under the heating element and MrsTasty's off a bit, as hers had a good bit of runny yolk and my were completely cooked through. I'll have to watch that next time.

The tortillas made a nice little change.

I didn't really have the right dish for doing these as a half recipe. It called for a dish that could comfortably hold two eggs with a bit of separation.

I just ordered a couple of 6.5 inch cast iron skillets for a dish I'm making. They will also be put into service as skillet breakfast casseroles.

I spent quite a lot of money on this little Staub skillet. But I do use it a lot. Its brilliant. Well worth it and I presume it will last forever. Its 7.5 inches internal diameter. Perfect for 2 to 3 eggs:

Back
Top Bottom