What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Dinner was baked beans on toast with 2 poached eggs, done the way I watched a guy do it on the net. This is my new way of poaching now.

"This is my new way of poaching now." - ????

Hey rascal - we want to know about this new method!

It's likely to be a method that we've had in the Northern Hemisphere for years. Recently migrated to antipodean countries.

Stuffed jacket potatoes. Preparation today but I'll most likely eat them tomorrow.

Baked in the halogen oven after 4 minutes (cumulative) in the microwave. Potatoes around 350 gm each.

Sliced and allowed to cool a little.

Potato scooped out from the skins for mashing

Ingredients excluding milk, butter, salt and black pepper. (The cayenne chilli is for garnish later).
[Mashed potato, potato skins, tomato puree, Cheddar cheese, white onion, garlic, cayenne chilli pepper and Thai hot red chillis.]

Mashed for returning to the skins.

Last edited:
Stuffed jacket potatoes. Preparation today but I'll most likely eat them tomorrow.

Baked in the halogen oven after 4 minutes (cumulative) in the microwave. Potatoes around 350 gm each.

Ingredients excluding milk, butter, salt and black pepper. (The cayenne chilli is for garnish later).
[Mashed potato, potato skins, tomato puree, Cheddar cheese, white onion, garlic, cayenne chilli pepper and Thai hot red chillis.]

Looking good

My wife made this moussaka, following a recipe featured on Rick Stein's Mediterranean Adventure. It was from the housekeeper of Patrick Leigh Fermor, a British adventurer and WW2 hero who lived in Greece. I will post the recipe when I have time - it was the best moussaka i have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot of moussaka.

I throw half potato out and add mashed kumara aka sweet potato. And creamed corn. I'm due to make these again.

Russ

I ate the rest of the chili from yesterday, very good. Making overnight baguette dough in a bit, wish me luck.

Trying to decide on dinner tonight, wife daughter and mr7 all back at school and work.
Either Thai red chicken curry ( have paste made up) or cheesy nachos, one of mr7s faves. If I have beans I think it will be nachos.i know I have beef. I'll go check shortly.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom