What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

I marinated and grilled satay ayam ( chicken satay) , and made katjang ( peanut )sauce for it. As sides we had sajur buncis ( stewed beans in coconut sauce) and nasi goreng ( fried rice). Also not pictured are mango pickles and krupuk ( prawn crackers).

The satay with sauce.

The meal. Am still not great at food photography. But it was delicious.

I marinated and grilled satay ayam ( chicken satay) , and made katjang ( peanut )sauce for it. As sides we had sajur buncis ( stewed beans in coconut sauce) and nasi goreng ( fried rice). Also not pictured are mango pickles and krupuk ( prawn crackers).
View attachment 40938

The satay with sauce.
View attachment 40939

The meal. Am still not great at food photography. But it was delicious.
I'd say this is an excellent candidate for the latest cooking challenge.

Beautiful...much better than you could have gotten for an Anniversary meal if you ate out (and better service, too).
Thank you.

It's funny, because MrsTasty is a bit (a lot) more money-conscious than I am, and when I bought that piece of meat yesterday, it was $67, and she was really giving me the, "I can't believe you just spent $67 on a piece of meat," look.

Today, though, she was the opposite. That meal is very similar to something we'd get for a special occasion at our favorite supper club, and she remarked, "You know, that would have cost us $130...$140 easy if we had gone out, plus we have a lot of leftovers for sandwiches. What a good deal!"

:laugh:

Back
Top Bottom