What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Friend made a ginger pork/beef meatball dish last night which was delicious. I was tasked with using the 250gm each of beef & pork mince, so burgers it was was.

Double cheeseburger with onion & red capsicum plus burger sauce with stir fried veg as “chips” (olives & anchovy) because I needed green food.

View attachment 40969

Burger looks excellent.

4.20 pm here daughter decided we are having fish n chips. In an hour. Mr 7 wants a fish and a donut. Donuts here are fried and dipped in sugar and cinnamon mix. I'll get a fish (really nice and crispy) fish shops here mainly use elephant fish or rig. And I'll get a hot dog as well. For you muricans it's a sausage dipped in batter and fried. I'm looking forward to my dinner.

Russ

4.20 pm here daughter decided we are having fish n chips. In an hour. Mr 7 wants a fish and a donut. Donuts here are fried and dipped in sugar and cinnamon mix. I'll get a fish (really nice and crispy) fish shops here mainly use elephant fish or rig. And I'll get a hot dog as well. For you muricans it's a sausage dipped in batter and fried. I'm looking forward to my dinner.

I remember the days when chippies sold fish and chips. Either cod or haddock (if you ordered a special). Then mushy peas started creeping onto the menu (which I didn't mind), then pickled eggs, then battered sausage. "Where will this end?", I thought to myself.

I remember the days when chippies sold fish and chips. Either cod or haddock (if you ordered a special). Then mushy peas started creeping onto the menu (which I didn't mind), then pickled eggs, then battered sausage. "Where will this end?", I thought to myself.

Their menu is two pages. Everything was perfect. Best fish n chips I've ever had was towards Edinburgh in a wee place under a bridge, everything was taken out of a bin in the window.

Russ

Pumpkin, mushroom & sage ravioli. With mushroom sauce.

Made a tri-color , rotini pasta dish we found on a pasta box years ago. Uses Italian sausage, onion, garlic. mushrooms, zucchini, stewed tomatoes, dry basil, dry oregano and red pepper flakes to taste. Freshly grated PR or Romano cheese for topping. No pic this time.

My bad! I didn't realize Karen had already posted it with pic and recipe. :whistling:

Last edited:
Last night, leftover roast beef and the rest of the gratin. I heated some beef broth in a skillet, then turned it off, and just set the slices of meat in there. That warmed them through without drying them and even left some of the pink.

I've still got roast beef left, so either sandwiches today, or possibly fried rice with it. I have some leftover rice I'd like to use.

Back
Top Bottom