What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Pan fried salmon with JerseyRoyals tossed in butter. Simple but beautiful. I cooked the salmon to 123f and rested for 5 minutes. A little parsley sauce.

In this link they missed out one tsp caster sugar. I added roast butternut squash and some fresh coriander with a little extra chilli because I love it. It would also make a beautiful curry with vegetables, the flavour doesn't need meat IMO.
https://themumclub.com/our-blog/tmc-family-recipe-hairy-bikers-very-good-chicken-balti/

I turned off when it got to curry paste. Either make your own or don't put it up. I've never bought paste, I make my own. I don't see the point of using a made up paste? Maybe it's just me.

Russ

I remember the days when chippies sold fish and chips. Either cod or haddock (if you ordered a special). Then mushy peas started creeping onto the menu (which I didn't mind), then pickled eggs, then battered sausage. "Where will this end?", I thought to myself.
I don't remember them as quite that basic. My first experience was probably around 1975, when my favourite was battered cod's roe and chips. They also did pies. Today ( for it is Friday, and therefore allowed occasionally) I will have chicken and mushroom pie, chips, battered sausage and mushy peas. Wife will have cod and chips, and there will be an extra battered sausage thrown in for the dogs. Our nearest chippy is in a village 2m away, but until a couple of years ago we had a mobile choppy that visited our village every Thursday evening.

I don't remember them as quite that basic.

When I tell you fish (cod) was a tanner and chips were threpence you may see how far I'm going back. At a guess it would be mid 50s.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom