What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

You absolutely have to enter this for the The CookingBites Recipe Challenge: Rice! Gorgeous photo. Noted that you call it seafood rice although it resembles a paella.
Well I possibly would but there is one small problem, I haven't got a recipe for this one I just wing it and taste as I go along, and yes, it is a sort of cross between paella and kedgeree. I fry some chopped onions and garlic in butter, then when they are soft but not coloured I stir in some curry powder. Then I add some paella seasoning and chicken stock. I think I added a little cayenne for a kick and then salt and pepper. I cooked the rice separately with some turmeric for colour. Finally I toss in any seafood I have in the freezer, some frozen peas and chopped coriander and parsley.

I do lots of my dishes based on a combination of instinct and experience but I really should write it down as many a time I have served something that was exceedingly good but can never replicate it because I couldn't be bothered to make notes!:banghead:

I do lots of my dishes based on a combination of instinct and experience but I really should write it down as many a time I have served something that was exceedingly good but can never replicate it because I couldn't be bothered to make notes!:banghead:

I used to be exactly the same - that is until shortly after I joined this forum and particularly when I started doing food photography. Now I scribble as I add ingredients and make an attempt to weigh and measure as I go. I now have around 150 'original' recipes! Easily enough to populate my own website (if I had one). The writing down is the easiest part. Typing it out is a pain. I tried using voice to text software but it wasn't accurate enough.

Pizza delivery, I was craving for it

Gluten-free dough, then Parma ham, rocket salad, mozzarella and grated Parmigiano on top

I used to be exactly the same - that is until shortly after I joined this forum and particularly when I started doing food photography. Now I scribble as I add ingredients and make an attempt to weigh and measure as I go. I now have around 150 'original' recipes! Easily enough to populate my own website (if I had one). The writing down is the easiest part. Typing it out is a pain. I tried using voice to text software but it wasn't accurate enough.

Most of what I post here are my own recipes too, if its someone else I will give them credit. But I definitely have at least a 100 own dishes. Just no longer the bodily ability to make it my job.

Using up more of the roast beef (one slice left), I had a roast beef-and-gruyere sandwich (with mustard and horseradish), and a bag of worcester crisps. Now I'm having strawberries and blueberries.

Back
Top Bottom