What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

I marinated and grilled satay ayam ( chicken satay) , and made katjang ( peanut )sauce for it. As sides we had sajur buncis ( stewed beans in coconut sauce) and nasi goreng ( fried rice). Also not pictured are mango pickles and krupuk ( prawn crackers).
View attachment 40938

The satay with sauce.
View attachment 40939

The meal. Am still not great at food photography. But it was delicious.
Care to share peanut sauce recipe, ? Mines about 90% right. I love satays

Russ

Crispy skin thighs with green beans and potato, fennel, onion, gruyere gratin.
2020-05-19 19.01.39.jpg

Because we didn't have a definitive time that the fridge-freezer was due to arrive my wife was reluctant for me to cook anything. As she was going out anyway, she picked up some char siu noodles from the stall. It's the first time we've been there since the lock down commenced although they've apparently open for carry oot the whole time.

The fridge-freezer never arrived so it was dark by the time we ate. Here's one that I ate earlier.

Looks good - what else is in it besides barley (which I love BTW)?
Leftover pintos, corn, tomatoes, onion, yellow peppers, chopped green chilies, shredded chicken and chicken broth. The seasoning was perfect, just the right amount of heat (barely there but distinctive.) Red chili powder, cumin, oregano, chopped garlic. It was very flavorful and the barley sounds odd but it had better texture than soggy tortillas lol. Then of course the cilantro and lime on top.

Friend made a ginger pork/beef meatball dish last night which was delicious. I was tasked with using the 250gm each of beef & pork mince, so burgers it was was.

Double cheeseburger with onion & red capsicum plus burger sauce with stir fried veg as “chips” (olives & anchovy) because I needed green food.

Back
Top Bottom