What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Lincolnshire sausages with onion gravy, roast potatoes and veg. Enjoyed it a lot!

That is some breakfast! What is furikake?
It’s a Japanese condiment that includes bonito flakes, seaweed, sesame seeds all toasted together and seasoned with a little salt & sugar. There are many variations but it was originally created to not waste the bonito used to make dashi.

Very tasty. Used to season a bowl of plain rice or whatever really. I love it with eggs or avocado. This batch I used a mix of black & white sesame seeds.

Last edited:
Pouring down rain like god relieving himself after a night of drinking, under a tornado watch as well...what better day that today for having a classic pick-a-nick sandwich? 🌧 🌪 🥪

Broccoli salad and potato salad on the side. The sandwich is pressing right now under a cast iron skillet.

View attachment 40868

My wife made this moussaka, following a recipe featured on Rick Stein's Mediterranean Adventure. It was from the housekeeper of Patrick Leigh Fermor, a British adventurer and WW2 hero who lived in Greece. I will post the recipe when I have time - it was the best moussaka i have ever eaten, and I have eaten a lot of moussaka.
This looks amazing.

It’s a Japanese condiment that includes bonito flakes, seaweed, sesame seeds all toasted together and seasoned with a little salt & sugar. There are many variations but it was originally created to not waste the bonito used to make dashi.

Very tasty. Used to season a bowl of plain rice or whatever really. I love it with eggs or avocado. This batch I used a mix of black & white sesame seeds.

We use it when we make poke, which happens to be on our menu list.

Back
Top Bottom