What did you cook or eat today (May 2020)?

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
10:25 PM
Tell us what you cooked or ate today. Photos appreciated but not at all necessary. Feature photo: New potatoes with wild garlic by LadyBelle

Last edited:
Sheperd's pie.

I texted for the boys to take some meals from the freezer for this weekend.
Came home to my sons Swedish rissoles (huge flat meatballs because lazy) with fat baked chips and steamed veg.

I’m going to make sour dough on Saturday to go with the pork osso bucco they removed from the freezer.

We grocery shopped early this morning. Spent a bucket load on cheese alone, 2 things of fresh moz, camembert, muenster, and good old sliced American, plus a bunch of veges, including fennel, red and yellow bells, cauliflower, and eggplants. It was for 2 weeks, but that bill was not pretty. Got a couple of packages of chicken thighs for the freezer considering all the news on that front for just in case. There was a limit of 2 per customer. Still no flour other than a very few odd ball ones.

Then, after that was unloaded and put away, we went for a little drive to pick up some mealworms for our curly tail lizard yard pets. We were out as of yesterday, and I jokingly told Craig I wasn't taking the dogs out in the afternoon without some food for them cause I didn't want to get mugged. They are getting very used to being fed and the big one, about a 6 inch body, plus tail, is getting very bold. It will run right up to your feet. In fact, it almost took one from my fingers today.

While we were up that way decided to pick up some lunch from a sandwich shop that makes really good sammies, a bit expensive, but always great with top quality ingredients. I got my favorite corned beef on an onion roll with mustard, a pickle and Dirty Chips, sea salt. Craig got what they call a large Italian Bird that had a selection of Italian cold cuts, veges, dressings, potato salad and pickle. We both ate half and 5.5 hours later still aren't hungry. So, I'm going to eat my other half and Craig will either eat his other half or some of the cold cuts we got today.

After we picked up the sammies, we stopped just down the street at the seafood market and got a piece of cod we were going to use part of for dinner tonight. The rest of the cod will be portioned and frozen for fried fish and fish tacos. It's a big chunk of cod.

Free roaming. They come to get an easy and free meal. They are cute little things and intelligent for lizards.

I have hedge hogs that call here for scraps.i have to wait until the dogs had his last visit outside though. Then scraps go out. I also throw stale bread out for the birds. A lot of fantails about ATM.

Russ

Last edited:
Earlier I cooked a nice brekky for myself. First this year I think?
Fried bread , fried eggs , 2 free range. Grilled sausages (smaller chipolattas) grilled tomato and bacon.
Splashed with Worcester sauce and BBQ sauce. Man, it was good. Hit the spot. Mr7 pinched 3 bits of crispy bacon. I turned a blind eye,lol.
No pics, I was hungry

Russ

Back
Top Bottom