What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll should try white asparagus. Craig and I both really like it. Takes a little more work, as it has to be peeled, then poached/boiled.

With green, we cook it like CD, except we then make a bundle of 3 and wrap in some prosciutto, dress with a light lemon juice viniagrette, and sprinkle with some ParmR.

X2

Russ

A version of poutine. There was some sous vide London broil in the freezer, so I chopped that up and put the liquid in with some purchased gravy. Craig made the ATK oven fries that use a cornstarch slurry. We used fresh moz since the grocery didn't have any curds or farmer's/fresh cheese. It was pretty good. Definitely makes nice comfort food.

Now here is something that I am not terribly fond of. I find it mushy and bland.

I generally blanch asparagus for few mins, then roast them in the oven or in a pan with Evoo and/or butter, a sprinkle of grated cheese (Pecorino or Parmigiano) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sometimes I also add some mozzarella or smoked scamorza or ham (sadly I hadn’t any of them yesterday) It is soft but not mushy. As Rocklobster said, it depends on how many time you cooked it.

Bara Brith technically with all that dried fruit later after eating you do give...........coat please

I generally blanch asparagus for few mins, then roast them in the oven or in a pan with Evoo and/or butter, a sprinkle of grated cheese (Pecorino or Parmigiano) and a pinch of salt and pepper. Sometimes I also add some mozzarella or smoked scamorza or ham (sadly I hadn’t any of them yesterday) It is soft but not mushy. As Rocklobster said, it depends on how many time you cooked it.
Lovely!
As you mention Scamorza, it is Italian week at Lidl, and I saw Scamorza, I may try it👍

New batch of American pancakes for kid last night,loves them. Seedless grapes for both of us.

I had Malanzane from the day before. It is so nice to come home to a cooked meal, reheated it, lovely. Some cottage cheese and fresh toms.

Breakfast was cereal and milk for kid,puffed Amaranth over Greek yoghurt for me.

Cheese strudel and 2nd coffee on the go.

A version of poutine. There was some sous vide London broil in the freezer, so I chopped that up and put the liquid in with some purchased gravy. Craig made the ATK oven fries that use a cornstarch slurry. We used fresh moz since the grocery didn't have any curds or farmer's/fresh cheese. It was pretty good. Definitely makes nice comfort food.
View attachment 62768
Do you know what the word Poutine means in French Canadian? It was a slang term used when somebody was describing a mess...They would say "quel poutine!" or "What a mess!"....

Do you know what the word Poutine means in French Canadian? It was a slang term used when somebody was describing a mess...They would say "quel poutine!" or "What a mess!"....
Well, it does look like a mess, but what a tasty mess it is!

We had never gotten around to making this before, though had talked about it. So, this was the first time, but it won't be the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom