What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pigs in blankets (UK style) are little sausages wrapped in bacon...

These look like sausage rolls.

I was going to wrap the sausages in bacon and then in pastry but I changed my mind. I may try just sausage wrapped in bacon at the weekend. I'm hoping to cook the chicken liver with straw mushrooms tomorrow.

Last edited:
I was going to wrap the sausages in bacon and then in pastry bit I changed my mind. I may try just sausage wrapped in bacon at the weekend. I'm hoping to cook the chicken liver with straw mushrooms tomorrow.

I'm thinking chicken livers wrapped in bacon might make chicken livers edible. :D

CD

Simple baked asparagus with butter and grated Pecorino for dinner

try salting them and giving them a quick roast..if they are mushy, they are being overcooked
I oil them up with a little OO, and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then toss them on the grill just long enough to get a little crispy char. Not long enough to get soggy. I prefer the early season skinny asparagus. I call them my healthy French fries.

CD

try salting them and giving them a quick roast..if they are mushy, they are being overcooked
I roast them (tossed in olive oil) in a very hot oven, for just a little bit, then red pepper flakes and grated Parmesan.

I'm not crazy about asparagus, but I'll happily eat it. I like it in soups, with savory crepes, that sort of thing.

You'll should try white asparagus. Craig and I both really like it. Takes a little more work, as it has to be peeled, then poached/boiled.

With green, we cook it like CD, except we then make a bundle of 3 and wrap in some prosciutto, dress with a light lemon juice viniagrette, and sprinkle with some ParmR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom