What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went steak and potatoes for today's meal. That means beef rib steaks with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

full.jpg

The mashed potatoes were made with water, butter, half n half, red pepper flakes and thyme. The vegetables included garlic, onion, tomato, Serrano pepper, mushrooms and carrots. Every thing enjoyed thyme, rosemary and marjoram for spices.

With this, I had some Cabernet Sauvignon.

After my breakfast of oats and coffee, I fixed myself a smoothie. This a black currant smoothie, something a bit more unique than the typical smoothies. It was made with equal parts half n half and heavy whipping cream, plus black currant preserves.

View attachment 62844
This one? The red plate? It is nice! It has a temperament, character...I see a dramatic pile of fruit or something on it to be visually very accentuated...
I did like the bigger white rectangular better, but why not...you could do amazing shots with it...a single shrimp on it...or something...

How yum! I don't buy Nutella and discourage kid to eat it. Ofc she can have it now and then, but not like having a jar at home.

Honey is good, yeah. We don't use it too often but good to have. Delicious on the pancakes.

She also likes Strawb jam...I might buy or make our own, once we finish off the honey.

Make your own, you won't regret it.

Russ

Bet your house smells good.
I was reading that Laura Calder book I got a while back, and at one point, she gives recommendations for making your home inviting to guests upon arrival.

She said something like, always make sure there are fresh flowers within eyesight of the front door, always have some kind of refreshment available, like a cocktail or sparkling citrus water, and if you know ahead of time that people are coming over, fry some onions in butter before they get there, to make the house smell homey.

Let's see...I've got flowers directly across from the front door, I just offered myself a beer, and my house smells of fried onions. Laura would be right at home... :)

I'm originally from Florida as TastyReuben knows, so yeah, he's "dude" or "man".

My 6yo Grandson calls everyone bra. ( bro)
My best friend and I call each other darling and sweetheart or similar, we get some looks if people don't know us. Have done for many years.

Russ

Last edited:
I went steak and potatoes for today's meal. That means beef rib steaks with mashed potatoes and vegetables.

View attachment 62853

The mashed potatoes were made with water, butter, half n half, red pepper flakes and thyme. The vegetables included garlic, onion, tomato, Serrano pepper, mushrooms and carrots. Every thing enjoyed thyme, rosemary and marjoram for spices.

With this, I had some Cabernet Sauvignon.

I had pepper jacks Shiraz last night courtesy of a friend.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom