What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latticed apple pie cooling for tonight. Haven't done it for years and I forgot to weave it. 4/10
1620483657256.png
1620483680050.png
1620483711582.png

Wow! Nobody took mention of my new freak'n platter and lounge plate(s). I wonder if the other stuff I got coming to be props for my food photography will go equally, unnoticed.

I sincerely apologize for not taking mention your food platter and anxiously await your new food photography. I'm sure it will be amazing!

CD

After my breakfast of oats and coffee, I fixed myself a smoothie. This a black currant smoothie, something a bit more unique than the typical smoothies. It was made with equal parts half n half and heavy whipping cream, plus black currant preserves.

full.jpg

Haha, my mom never made them - we'd get them at school. I did go to a posh school, though (farm kid in a rich school district), so maybe that accounts for the splurge in niceties!

I do remember in 6th grade (11yo), sitting down next to two girls (Donna and Annie) with my lunch tray with pigs-in-a-blanket, and they both stared at me intently, and I had no clue as to why.

As soon as I picked up a little piggy and bit into it, end first as you do, they both gasped in mock horror, and Donna exclaimed, "Tasty! How could you?!" and they both fell out giggling uncontrollably.

Dirty-minded girls!
My mom did, she would wrap them in crescent roll dough.

I made stuffed French toast with brioche bread, lightly sweetened cream cheese slathered inbetween 2 slices, and topped with a syrup i made using sugar, mandarin orange juice, butter, and honey. I tossed fresh strawberries in the syrup to warm them and poured it over the top. OMG it was so good!

Sugar rush is setting in...lol!

Covid has trained me. Though it's no longer required and I'm fully vaccinated, I just went through the drive-through window and ate lunch in my car (BK, MyPinch's favorite place).

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, it is usually in the parking lot in my car. I can eat my food, and listen to NPR on the radio. At BK, I usually get the bacon double cheeseburger from the value menu. Don't tell my doctor.

CD

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, it is usually in the parking lot in my car. I can eat my food, and listen to NPR on the radio. At BK, I usually get the bacon double cheeseburger from the value menu. Don't tell my doctor.

CD

Here's one you all may not believe, I have never had a Macdonald's and never been inside one of their outlets.

CD
At fast food places, I have my standard orders. BK is a Whopper Jr. meal, with the drink and fries small, and no cheese.

In all seriousness, though, since getting vaccinated, I feel like everything should be a celebration, so today I had the full whopper meal, with cheese, and medium sized. Living the high life! :laugh:

Working on a Rusty Pelican salad here. I don't think either one of us ever posted the recipe and story. Will have to look.

My standard at BK is a Whopper Jr with cheese and small fries, sometimes a coke, sometimes water. Craig's is a double Whopper with cheese, medium or large fries. Diet Coke for him, not the calories, the taste.

I'll eat McMuffins or chicken nuggets from McDonald's, but that's it. Craig will eat their biscuit sammies or McMuffins. We both used to like their hash browns, but they were so greasy last couple of times kind of turned us off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom