What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A work of art, was your inspiration Miro View attachment 63095

The following is my work, but not inspired by Miro ...

full.jpg

Water on Steel

So I had a go at this, but pan fried the fish instead of grill/bake:

Turbot with Lobster Bearnaise

75D8C4B2-736B-4CC6-BCBD-B267F6AD4792.jpeg

It was my first time filleting a flatfish and, boy, it’s not as easy as those Youtubers make it look. But I ended up with some reasonable fillets and a lotta bones (more than half its weight).

6353636A-02D8-4D54-8DC5-4D83B8256DA7.jpeg

FE9E2201-6103-4E83-AD07-6A49354D570D.jpeg

7319AF0A-91FF-4510-AB27-D6E63344EECF.jpeg

Tbh I think the lobster is unnecessary. My first time eating turbot and I feel its flavour could sustain the dish by itself with less sauce.

Last edited:
I hope your throat will get well soon 🌸🍀
Thank you, dear. Had tea this morning, and a throat bombon, cleaning the nose with aquamaris spray. But I speak a lot in classes today, when I really wouldl have wanted a day off...🤷🤷...

Had an Italian store bought Suppa Toscana, very nice.

Some apples, yoghurt with amaranth. Oh and the guilty pleasure of some kid leftover snack Paprika somethingies...

So I had a go at this, but pan fried the fish instead of grill/bake:

Turbot with Lobster Bearnaise

View attachment 63114

It was my first time filleting a flatfish and, boy, it’s not as easy as those Youtubers make it look. But I ended up with some reasonable fillets and a lotta bones (more than half its weight).

View attachment 63115

View attachment 63116

View attachment 63117

Tbh I think the lobster is unnecessary. My first time eating turbot and I feel its flavour could sustain the dish by itself with less sauce.
Bravo mate , I would pay to eat that excellent plate.

Thank you, dear. Had tea this morning, and a throat bombon, cleaning the nose with aquamaris spray. But I speak a lot in classes today, when I really wouldl have wanted a day off...🤷🤷...

Had an Italian store bought Suppa Toscana, very nice.

Some apples, yoghurt with amaranth. Oh and the guilty pleasure of some kid leftover snack Paprika somethingies...View attachment 63119

View attachment 63120

View attachment 63120

View attachment 63121

Aquamaris spray works fine, I use it too especially when I start to suffer from hay fever in this time.. I’ve bought a new spray since I’m going to pass through the snoozing time soon.
I know Dimmi di Sì zuppe, they are delicious. Those paprika snacks look a very nice treat, if not for the throat, surely for the soul 😋😊
Stay well dear, talk soon ☀️

We decided to go out for lunch and try a new place to us, Naked Taco. Pretty good. Shared mexican fried cheese with a guajillo chile salsa. Craig had steak enchiladas with a guajillo sauce, covered in chihuahua cheese with a lime crema. He pretty much cleaned plate, stating at the end that "I never thought I'd say this, but mexican food is rich." He also turned down a bite of mine saying he was too full. Mine was chicharrones, lots of big chunks of braised or really slow and low roast pork belly, then fried, with a mixed cabbage, cilantro, lime juice slaw. The sauce was supposed to be mango habanero, but I can't eat mango, so had them plain. Only made it thru about half. The pugs got some treats when we got home that they REALLY appreciated. The rest is probably going to get chopped up some more and made into tacos for our dinner tonight, probably using rest of pickled red onions from last night and maybe some avocado. There was a lot of chicharrones on that plate.

Last edited:
We decided to go out for lunch and try a new place to us, Naked Taco. Pretty good. Shared mexican fried cheese with a guajillo chile salsa. Craig had steak enchiladas with a guajillo sauce, covered in chihuahua cheese with a lime crema. He pretty much cleaned plate, stating at the end that "I never thought I'd say this, but mexican food is rich." He also turned down a bite of mine saying he was too full. Mine was chicharrones, lots of big chunks of braised pork belly, then fried, with a mixed cabbage, cilantro, lime juice slaw. The sauce was supposed to be mango habanero, but I can't eat mango, so had them plain. Only made it thru about half. The pugs got some treats when we got home that they REALLY appreciated. The rest is probably going to get chopped up some more and made into tacos for our dinner tonight, probably using rest of pickled red onions from last night and maybe some avocado. There was a lot of chicharrones on that plate.

I've heard of that place. I think I saw it on a YouTube food show.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom