What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessert for the next three days sorted:
View attachment 62949
Those are pumpkin custards (aka pumpkin pie filling, no crust), made from some pumpkin purée I found in the freezer. Those are cooling and waiting on whipped cream.

I've also got my Tuscan ribs hanging out overnight:
View attachment 62950
That's a rub made with... 🤔...olive oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika, coriander, fennel, and allspice. They'll get brushed with balsamic vinegar tomorrow.
Dude, you can cook. I can literally taste those ribs, without the deep dark crispy glistening juiciness of being cooked.

Dude, you can cook. I can literally taste those ribs, without the deep dark crispy glistening juiciness of being cooked.
Thanks very much!

I'll get the recipe up sometime tomorrow. It's so easy, it's barely cooking. You'll love it.

When I first served my wife, she had ribs=bbq sauce on the brain, and she took a bite and said, "These taste funny..." - by the end of the first rib, she was going for seconds, and she still had ribs from her first serving to eat. :laugh:

I'd eat old sweaty socks before I'd touch chitterlings!
I eat sweaty socks with a liberal dollop of

There's one bird whose song goes, "Cheep chirp kiree coo coo," which to my ears, sounds a lot like, "Just a little char, please, and some nice aioli on it as well. I'll help meself to the dill in your herb garden, or, as I like to call it, 'my favorite place to poop.'

Wildlife is amazing, huh? :laugh:
Yes, I spotted a great tit from the balcony yesterday. It was on it's own, usually the come in pairs.
1620702374370.png

Thanks very much!

I'll get the recipe up sometime tomorrow. It's so easy, it's barely cooking. You'll love it.

When I first served my wife, she had ribs=bbq sauce on the brain, and she took a bite and said, "These taste funny..." - by the end of the first rib, she was going for seconds, and she still had ribs from her first serving to eat. :laugh:

When I first served my wife? You know I used to breed horses don't you?? :)

Russ

Cauliflower curry is on the go for the first couple of days this week. We lobbed in a few cashew nuts among the usual other bits and pieces. There is also some leek in there as well - I find leeks quite good in a curry.

A cauliflower is often to be found in our kitchen. You can use them for all sorts of things. I always used to throw away most of the leaves and stalks before I realised that these are very usable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom