What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They would never have touched your grill, I'm pretty sure.
There's one bird whose song goes, "Cheep chirp kiree coo coo," which to my ears, sounds a lot like, "Just a little char, please, and some nice aioli on it as well. I'll help meself to the dill in your herb garden, or, as I like to call it, 'my favorite place to poop.'

Wildlife is amazing, huh? :laugh:

More leftovers for the meal, today, I fed on the remaining half of the lamb quinoa hachée ronde.

full.jpg

Will you continue to eat quinoa on occasion after the challenge is over? Just curious as to how many newbies to quinoa like it now?

Oddly enough, I was just reflecting on that. I find quinoa a texture, more than a flavor, but it has flavor too. I like that texture when applied to some recipes and I have had opportunity to apply it in several different ways.

I find it can be like using rice as a major element of a recipe, or like mustard seed, a sort of garnish or spice.

I still have a lot of quinoa left in my inventory, but that alone, would not be reason to use it again at some later time.

Thank you JAS_OH1 for getting me introduced to quinoa.

My answer to your question is yes, I would use it again. I never had any reservations about trying it in the first place. I just never have used it before.

Oddly enough, I was just reflecting on that. I find quinoa a texture, more than a flavor, but it has flavor too. I like that texture when applied to some recipes and I have had opportunity to apply it in several different ways.

I find it can be like using rice as a major element of a recipe, or like mustard seed, a sort of garnish or spice.

I still have a lot of quinoa left in my inventory, but that alone, would not be reason to use it again at some later time.

Thank you JAS_OH1 for getting me introduced to quinoa.

My answer to your question is yes, I would use it again. I never had any reservations about trying it in the first place. I just never have used it before.
I agree, it's more of a textural thing and adopts other flavors in the same ways grits, rice, etc. do. But I enjoy the fact that it's nutritional value is far superior than many grain and grain-like plant foods.

Glad you like it!

Cucumbers and radishes in sour cream, Tuscan-style ribs, and buttermilk-garlic mashed potatoes.

We were both really happy with the ribs. The fennel gave them a nice "Italian sausage" flavor - great alternative to the usual barbecue sauce ribs.

We grow both cuces and radishes, I'm going to try your dish this summer. Can't see why it wouldn't work? And I love sour cream.

Russ
Thanks. It's pretty easy - slice a cuke thinly, slice several radishes thinly, chop up a couple of green onions and/or some chives, salt it all and stir in enough sour cream to make a dressing. The water released by salting the veg will help thin it.

Recipe - Cucumber-Radish Salad

Last edited:
Thanks. It's pretty easy - slice a cuke thinly, slice several radishes thinly, chop up a couple of green onions and/or some chives, salt it all and stir in enough sour cream to make a dressing. The water released by salting the veg will help thin it.
Actually, I'll get that typed up in a proper recipe shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom