What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dessert for the next three days sorted:

Those are pumpkin custards (aka pumpkin pie filling, no crust), made from some pumpkin purée I found in the freezer. Those are cooling and waiting on whipped cream.

I've also got my Tuscan ribs hanging out overnight:

That's a rub made with... 🤔...olive oil, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt, pepper, paprika, coriander, fennel, and allspice. They'll get brushed with balsamic vinegar tomorrow.

It's actually not a hassle, no worse than layering in a casserole, and stacks take less time to cook. Foil covered sheet pan, sprayed, assembly line to stack, bake. Spatula to remove and plate.

But in the end, you are still eating eggplant (aubergine). I am probably unfair in my judgement because when I was growing up my mom overcooked the eggplant -- and everything else.

When I was about 12, I came home late for dinner, my dad was out of town, I walked in the door as my mom was walking out (she went to a movie). My sister was in the kitchen cleaning overcooked flounder and overcooked eggplant off of the kitchen wall. Seems my sister complained about the mushy food, and mom lost it. :laugh:

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom