What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greek spiced homemade airfryer fries, steak & cauliflower.

So, when you lived down South, you never had Chitterlings? AKA Chitlins, AKA $#itlins?

CD
Tripe is cow's stomach, chitterlings are hog intestines. I smelled chitterlings cooking once, but they told me what it was and hell no I never ate it. It's not a Florida coastal panhandle thing anyway, fresh seafood is. The chitterlings and tripe occurrences happened at someone's home in central Florida when I was visiting. The tripe, well they didn't tell me what it was until after I tasted it, but I didn't like it. The chitterlings stunk and I had to leave (that was not the same visit).

Last edited:
But in the end, you are still eating eggplant (aubergine). I am probably unfair in my judgement because when I was growing up my mom overcooked the eggplant -- and everything else.

CD

I won't eat eggplant parm anyway other than stacks anymore. It's much less gloppy and mushy. The breading actually stays crispy. Oh, we also use fresh moz so it melts quickly as well. It was always an iffy dish for me as a casserole, but Craig liked it so I'd eat it once in a while. I've been known to actually ask for it once we learned about stacks. We also bake the eggplant until partially done, cool, slice and then bread and fry. You are able to easily peel if desired once it's been baked some and it doesn't soak up as much oil.

For breakfast, I had coffee, a banana and Jimmy Dean sausage, egg and cheese biscuits.

full.jpg

I'm still not quit where I want to be with my lighting setup. I want the images to fit square to suit CB's slide show, but that gets to make things troublesome. And I need to arrange to eliminate shadows.

This is from yesterday: Coca de trampo

cover.jpg

Believe it or not, you can find this delicatessen in Mallorca, where people would just down litres and litres of cheap alcohol. Balearic Islands have one of the most amazing countrysides in Spain and this flatbread is a true representation of it. Furthermore, there is nothing more Mediterranean than this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom