What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting on the potatoes..we bought a new counter top roaster/toaster oven and I tried to bake a couple of potatoes in it. One hour and fifteen minutes later, I think they are harder now than they were when I put them in there..I wedged them up and tossed them in olive oil and seasonings and put them in our oven...

Same things the adults do. What did you expect to happen the way you feed everybody?

It's not just feeding everyone, it's family time, we are blessed to,get to spend nearly every Sunday seeing our grandkids grow up,and interact with. IMHO you can't put a price on that.
Lamb is the killer at $25 kg but we are getting it cheap ATM because of covid. I can buy at $10 kg if I look hard.
Samosas only work out at .10cents each to make. I also had two racks of lamb in my freezer from a swap deal I did about 6 months ago. :)
We have friends who don't get to see their grandkids because they live all around the world

Russ

Last edited:
My niece said something similar to me yesterday. I mentioned that I'd offered breakfast out if MrsT would go to a larger, but more distant, farmers' market, but she declined.

"Well, she doesn't have to, the way you cook."

:laugh:
It was daughters birthday, I cook whatever they want, 3 courses. So a special day, grandkids are already planning their turn. I think it may be a lot? Lol. Our son gave my wife a Mother's Day card, he took the p$&& out of her lack of cooking skills. :)

Russ

Russ

It was daughters birthday, I cook whatever they want, 3 courses. So a special day, grandkids are already planning their turn. I think it may be a lot? Lol. Our son gave my wife a Mother's Day card, he took the p$&& out of her lack of cooking skills. :)

Russ

Russ

Foot note. Daughter ordered chicken skewers with my home made satay sauce, the old one I used to make years ago before I used coconut cream in my new one. She wanted the old recipe, so I made it for her, only took 15 mins. She hadn't had this in 20 years, she wanted something different and had to rack her brain to come up with it. She took home 3 left over skewers and the rest of the sauce.

Footnote, miss11 LOVES red onions , skewers had two pieces on each, when I saw her put her empty plate on the bench with s big chunk of red onion on it. I said I thought you loved red onion. She said I do, I saved that til last, but I sneezed and it got goobered on.,lol. I just remembered this.

Russ

This afternoon's rather small cut of fillet beef with chips, garden peas and green pepper sauce.

I'm less than pleased with the colour of the sauce. It's the very strong red onions. I'll use white onions next time (although I've cooked four portions of the sauce).

Also after I picked the green peppercorns off the vines there was a distinct mauve stain left on my fingers.

Today's breakfast was an omelette with french fries, coffee and a banana.

full.jpg

The omelette was made with heavy whipping cream as I am all out of half n half. It uses red pepper flakes and cilantro mixed in and is stuffed with scallions, Serrano pepper, bacon, habanero salsa and shredded cheese blend. French fries were used as the potatoes as I wasn't ambitious enough to cut up a potato and fry it. I microwave cooked the omelette and the french fries.

Soba noodles cooled, bok choy, sauteed and steamed shortly (just covered with a plate to serve as lid) in garlic,ginger,soy sauce.
I just dipped soba in the bok choy sauce...

Soooo good.💙

The smell of ginger and garlic in soy was splendid, kid also said Oh it smells nice.

And I enjoyed every bite, knowing this is so healthy, but it also tastes wonderfully...so simple and so good.

Kid had the ground pork in sauce reheated over plain fresh white rice.

Green onions on side for both.

Did something wrong to rotate photo, cannot unrotate.

Thank you flyinglentris for the mochi inspiration...
My Mochi-but-not-mochi Coconut chia balls.

Did not have rice flour.

I used coconut flour, chia seeds and powder sugar, and plain hot water.

Ready under 5 minutes. Surprisingly managable dough, very therapeutic to handle the warm dough in my palms.😊

That simple, Is that even a recipe? If it is ,will post.

Delicate, tender, ever so lightly sweet, soft, adooorable.💞

Made 13. Ate 2. Let us see how long they last.(not long)

I cut them just for you to see, they are one bite size and smaller.

Timenspace

You are close to producing the craft and art that the Japanese would put in to these treats. I think your version could be finessed at bit. You don't want the Japanese to shake their heads thinking that they look like meat balls. :wink:

They look tasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom