What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be going crab crazy here at CB. That's a pretty monster.
Yeah, went down to the Wells at Grandes Rocques with our crab wheels. Unfortunately a bunch of divers had been down just before us and cleaned out all the large male crabs. So there was only small stuff and females left. I tend not to take the females as they are the next generation.

I couldn't sleep (nothing new) so I made a batch of Recipe - Lockhart's Potato Salad to eat on Monday, Memorial Day holiday. The flavors should be perfectly blended by then. Potato salad needs at least 24 hours rest in the fridge before it tastes just right, IMHO.

CD
Sorry for the insomnia.
Nice for the salad. Is your sister coming over?
It is Croatia State National Day today.

Yesterday take out vege wok(delicious) and gyoza with a dip sauce.

Gyoza were my first. Photos made me think those are half palm sized, in reality one bite sized.

Yeah, went down to the Wells at Grandes Rocques with our crab wheels. Unfortunately a bunch of divers had been down just before us and cleaned out all the large male crabs. So there was only small stuff and females left. I tend not to take the females as they are the next generation.

Now, if you want to consider a really giant spider crab, the Japanese spider crab is the one for you.

Macrocheira_kaempferi.jpg

Japanese Spider Crab (photo link courtesy of wikipedia)

Kid made the walnut cake for Grandad with swiss meringue buttercream. All by herself. I only assisted with sequence a tiny bit. 👍👏👏🍀💞
Grandad and Grandma loved it, so did we.

Grandma(my mom) fried breaded hake, oven baked potatoes, pork schnitzel, black olives, fresh toms, red paprika filled with cheese and baked. Nice lunch and gathering.

Mom has bad backpain but she is doing some gel applying. Dad will get his usual blood test tmorrow.

Spirit is up and cheerful.👍👍

We could well use the newly bought metal bowl for steam cooking, for the buttercream. She wanted choc cream so we added the choc.

Craig was supposed to make BBQ shrimp last night, but decided he didn't feel like cooking, so picked up a bucket of KFC extra crispy chicken, biscuits and coleslaw, which was mostly for me.

Tacos al pastor today on the Weber rotisserie today. Meat has been marinating since early yesterday morning.

Here's a double layer chocolate w/ hazel nut cake I made for GF's birthday..I'm not much of a baker..I can get the job done, and it tastes good, it usually looks like it was dropped on the ground, picked up and put back on the plate...I call it rustic....

Last edited:
Sorry for the insomnia.
Nice for the salad. Is your sister coming over?
It is Croatia State National Day today.

No, my sister has only been to my house once in 20 years, and my parents are too old to travel up here, so the only time I see them is when I go to Houston. That's fine with me, since I decide when we get together.

That potato salad would be too spicy for my mom. She's used to bland foods. It is what she grew up with.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom