What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cacio e pepe..One of GF's favorites...

I made a copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel's hashbrown casserole, and through sheer serendipity, I wasn't able to get Colby cheese, so I grabbed cheddar...and realized much too late that this would fit the challenge, so I'll type it up later and submit it.

Poor pics because everyone tore into this like they'd never eaten before, but I've made this before, so I'm sure I have other pics on here. I'll find those and post them later.

I can't believe you guys were able to eat all that!
We ordered everything at once, and MrsT said, "There's no way we can eat all this! We're ordering too much."

I pointed out it's been probably since Christmas 2019 being in such a nice place, and we needed to try an appetizer, main, and dessert, and dammit, if they brought it out, we were eating it! :laugh:

Visiting my mom, and I decided to make something and bring it to her at the hospital from ingredients she had on hand. I made salmon croquettes. Among other fun components, I used Italian sausage to sauté the onions and garlic, and I mixed in preserved lemon and pickled peppers I brought along for just such an occasion.

Last edited:
I can't believe you guys were able to eat all that!
To go over each course...

Bread and very spicy olive oil for dipping (two kinds of bread)
Bread and charcuterie with salami, prosciutto, three cheeses, marinated eggplant, and marinated zucchini.
Pizza for me, gnocchi for MrsT
Pastry horn will with cinnamon pastry cream, topped with boozy cherries, with cherry and mint sauces, and the name of the restaurant spelled out in cocoa powder. :laugh:

Had Zuppa Ortolana (bought) with cheese cubes and a vegetarian sandwich yesterday.
Yoghurt, almonds, finally got them androasted them late last night.
I had not brought cash(forgot), passed the squid, they only do cash with deliveries.

This morning omelette,yoghurt,very proud of the zero carb back on track start of day.
Coffee of course.

Saturday trains are less frequent so will treat me with another coffee in peace and quiet before lessons, as will arrive early.
Perhaps a round of shopping...

My Dad has to have his pacemaker battery replaced. Small procedure 20 min but it is surgery, due in November.

A local excellent dairy producer opened a store en route to my work,will probably pick up some yoghurt...

Will be baking B day cake for Dad. Sunday lunch over at their place, Mom is cooking.

He loves walnut cake,so will search for some recipes...

Busy Sunday, have to pick up order from store with kid and buy bday present for a friend of hers.

Busy week ahead.

💙🍀

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom