What did you cook or eat today (May 2021)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the U.S. folks at least, are you having a burger today, 5/28, on National Burger Day?

We are, but they'll also have cheese.

BTW, some of the burger chains are giving away freebies today.
I'm planning on pizza for lunch and I think we're having meatloaf for supper. That's kind of like a burger. :)

OK - but I wonder how different they are? These are from that NZ website:

View attachment 64267

The only thing it says about what kind of crab they are is king crab, but they are certainly not what the U.S. calls king crab. Only way to know for sure is for Russ to call and ask what they are and where they are from.

Yum.

OK - but I wonder how different they are? These are from that NZ website:

View attachment 64267
It's well worth wondering. They don't look that much different. And without lemon juice, butter and some basil, blue crabs are mild in flavor and it has to be brought out. It might be that the flavor of a crab depends upon its diet, where it lives.

They claim that Australian spiny lobster is better than Florida and Peruvian spiny lobster, yet they all look very much the same. The difference is that you pay more for the Australian variety, for sure. Flavorwise, I have no idea.

The only thing it says about what kind of crab they are is king crab, but they are certainly not what the U.S. calls king crab. Only way to know for sure is for Russ to call and ask what they are and where they are from.

I did, report back next week. I never heard of them btw.

Russ

It's well worth wondering. They don't look that much different. And without lemon juice, butter and some basil, blue crabs are mild in flavor and it has to be brought out. It might be that the flavor of a crab depends upon its diet, where it lives.

They claim that Australian spiny lobster is better than Florida and Peruvian spiny lobster, yet they all look very much the same. The difference is that you pay more for the Australian variety, for sure. Flavorwise, I have no idea.

Moreton bay bugs are a fave of mine when I'm in Queensland, along with barramundi my all time fave fish

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom